Re: Remove package source from apt(-get)

Markus Schönhaber

May 22, 2022, 11:50:04 AM5/22/22
22.05.22, 17:42 +0200 Amn:

> When I 'ap-get update' I get this message:
>
> "*E: *The repository
> 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/pipewire-debian/pipewire-upstream/ubuntu
> kinetic Release' does not have a Release file"
>
> I checked " /etc/apt/sources.list ", but the above link is not there.

Also check the files in the directory
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/

--
Regards
mks

Amn

May 22, 2022, 11:50:05 AM5/22/22

When I 'ap-get update' I get this message:

"E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/pipewire-debian/pipewire-upstream/ubuntu kinetic Release' does not have a Release file"

I checked " /etc/apt/sources.list ", but the above link is not there.

The same happens with : "W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/edge stable InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY EB3E94ADBE1229CF" after installing MS-Edge.

How can I remove these errors?
Thanks in advance.

--
Using Fire Fox and Thunderbird
StepOne is composed of students and volunteers dedicated to providing free services to charitable organizations.

The Wanderer

May 22, 2022, 12:00:05 PM5/22/22
On 2022-05-22 at 11:42, Amn wrote:

> When I 'ap-get update' I get this message:
>
> "*E: *The repository
> 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/pipewire-debian/pipewire-upstream/ubuntu
> kinetic Release' does not have a Release file"
>
> I checked " /etc/apt/sources.list ", but the above link is not there.

Is there anything in the directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d'?

Per my understanding, any files in that directory will be read as if
their contents were part of /etc/apt/sources.list itself.

It's entirely possible that a third-party package may install a file
there pointing to a repository where the packagers expect to publish
updates to that package.

If you've installed one or more packages which does this, then that
repository wound up getting taken down or misconfigured, you could see
this behavior.

> The same happens with : "W: An error occurred during the signature
> verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files
> will be used. GPG error: https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/edge
> stable InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because
> the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY EB3E94ADBE1229CF" after
> installing MS-Edge.

For this, you'd need to either remove the repository that was added for
updating Edge, or obtain the public key for that repository and
configure your system to recognize it (offhand I don't remember how to
do that latter, but I think it involves special syntax in the
/etc/apt/sources.list* file).

--
The Wanderer

progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

signature.asc

Charles Curley

May 22, 2022, 1:20:06 PM5/22/22
On Sun, 22 May 2022 11:49:42 -0400
The Wanderer <wand...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> > The same happens with : "W: An error occurred during the signature
> > verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index
> > files will be used. GPG error:
> > https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/edge stable InRelease: The
> > following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
> > not available: NO_PUBKEY EB3E94ADBE1229CF" after installing
> > MS-Edge.
>
> For this, you'd need to either remove the repository that was added
> for updating Edge, or obtain the public key for that repository and
> configure your system to recognize it (offhand I don't remember how to
> do that latter, but I think it involves special syntax in the
> /etc/apt/sources.list* file).

Usually, when I get a missing pubkey error, I simply search on the
missing key. Such a search turns up this page:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1245227/how-to-add-the-apt-key-for-microsoft-packages

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/

Bret Busby

May 22, 2022, 5:30:06 PM5/22/22
How then, do I deal with this (slightly different) problem involving MS
keys?

"
Get:1 https://repo.skype.com/deb stable InRelease [4,502 B]
Err:1 https://repo.skype.com/deb stable InRelease

The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 1F3045A5DF7587C3
Skype Linux Client Repository <se...@microsoft.com>
Reading package lists... Done
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository
is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error:
https://repo.skype.com/deb stable InRelease: The following signatures
were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 1F3045A5DF7587C3 Skype Linux Client Repository
<se...@microsoft.com>
"

--
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia
(UTC+0800)

Charles Curley

May 22, 2022, 10:00:06 PM5/22/22
On Mon, 23 May 2022 04:58:19 +0800
Bret Busby <br...@busby.net> wrote:

> How then, do I deal with this (slightly different) problem involving
> MS keys?

Did you try what I suggested above? Search on the problematic key?

Bret Busby

May 23, 2022, 10:40:05 AM5/23/22
On 23/5/22 9:54 am, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Mon, 23 May 2022 04:58:19 +0800
> Bret Busby <br...@busby.net> wrote:
>
>> How then, do I deal with this (slightly different) problem involving
>> MS keys?
>
> Did you try what I suggested above? Search on the problematic key?

Whilst I had not interpreted what you had previously posted, as a
suggestion, after reading your response above, I searched using the
full, text of the error message, found a solution on "Ask Ubuntu",
applied that solution, and, it appears to have worked.

Thank you.