aboutdebian.com

A_Man_Without_Clue

Nov 19, 2021, 12:00:05 AM11/19/21
Does anyone remember the site existed in the past, aboutdebian.com?

I wonder if the contents are moved to somewhere else or they are not
available at all?

Nate Bargmann

Nov 19, 2021, 2:10:05 AM11/19/21
* On 2021 18 Nov 23:00 -0600, A_Man_Without_Clue wrote:
> Does anyone remember the site existed in the past, aboutdebian.com?

I can't say that I do.

> I wonder if the contents are moved to somewhere else or they are not
> available at all?

It looks like the last time it was online with content was approximately
29 Feb 2020:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200229050405/http://www.aboutdebian.com/

I see that as of that date, the site had not been updated for Buster
which by that time had been released nearly half a year earlier.

After that the Web archive shows a blank page and captures from last
month show nothing Debian related.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB

signature.asc

Nicholas Geovanis

Nov 19, 2021, 10:10:05 AM11/19/21
On Fri, Nov 19, 2021, 1:05 AM Nate Bargmann <n0...@n0nb.us> wrote:
* On 2021 18 Nov 23:00 -0600, A_Man_Without_Clue wrote:
> Does anyone remember the site existed in the past, aboutdebian.com?

I can't say that I do.

I do remember it and it was a good resource at one time. My recollection is that the relevant contents were moved to the Debian wiki. But I can't support that.

Peter Ehlert

Nov 19, 2021, 10:10:05 AM11/19/21

On 11/19/21 6:52 AM, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
On Fri, Nov 19, 2021, 1:05 AM Nate Bargmann <n0...@n0nb.us> wrote:
* On 2021 18 Nov 23:00 -0600, A_Man_Without_Clue wrote:
> Does anyone remember the site existed in the past, aboutdebian.com?

I can't say that I do.

I do remember it and it was a good resource at one time. My recollection is that the relevant contents were moved to the Debian wiki. But I can't support that.
I also remember it as being a topic of conversation...

> I wonder if the contents are moved to somewhere else or they are not
> available at all?

It looks like the last time it was online with content was approximately
29 Feb 2020:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200229050405/http://www.aboutdebian.com/
something is odd, I see a post on the https://aboutdebian.com/ page dated 2021-10-10

A_Man_Without_Clue

Nov 19, 2021, 10:40:05 PM11/19/21

On 11/20/21 12:07 AM, Peter Ehlert wrote:

> On 11/19/21 6:52 AM, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 19, 2021, 1:05 AM Nate Bargmann <n0...@n0nb.us
>> <mailto:n0...@n0nb.us>> wrote:
>>
>> * On 2021 18 Nov 23:00 -0600, A_Man_Without_Clue wrote:
>> > Does anyone remember the site existed in the past,
>> aboutdebian.com <http://aboutdebian.com>?
>>
>> I can't say that I do.
>>

>> I do remember it and it was a good resource at one time. My
>> recollection is that the relevant contents were moved to the Debian
>> wiki. But I can't support that.
> I also remember it as being a topic of conversation...
>>
>> > I wonder if the contents are moved to somewhere else or they are not
>> > available at all?
>>
>> It looks like the last time it was online with content was
>> approximately
>> 29 Feb 2020:
>>
>> https://web.archive.org/web/20200229050405/http://www.aboutdebian.com/
>> <https://web.archive.org/web/20200229050405/http://www.aboutdebian.com/>
>>
> something is odd, I see a post on the https://aboutdebian.com/ page
> dated 2021-10-10
>>

>> I see that as of that date, the site had not been updated for Buster
>> which by that time had been released nearly half a year earlier.
>>
>> After that the Web archive shows a blank page and captures from last
>> month show nothing Debian related.
>>
>> - Nate
>>
>> --
>> "The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all
>> possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."
>> Web: https://www.n0nb.us <https://www.n0nb.us>
>> Projects: https://github.com/N0NB <https://github.com/N0NB>
>> GPG fingerprint: 82D6 4F6B 0E67 CD41 F689 BBA6 FB2C 5130 D55A 8819

Sad, it's long gone and the contents are virtually lost. It was very
tutorial resource so, I just miss. I have several page printed out on
the paper, I still use for basic tutorial.

Thanks everybody.

Bob Weber

Nov 20, 2021, 11:40:05 AM11/20/21

Its on internet archive at least back to about 2018 and before.

--

...Bob