python3-uno

Klaus Jantzen

May 21, 2023, 9:00:07 AM5/21/23

lately when running apt upgrade and apt autoremove I get an error message in resp. to python3-uno:

====

dpkg: error processing package python3-uno (--configure):

installed python3-uno package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 3

====

So far the  upgrades seem to be OK; the upgraded system (Bullseye) works without any problems.

Does that mean that dpkg has a problem that might result in problems with upgrades in the future?

Can I do anything to avoid that problem?

--
K.D.J.

to...@tuxteam.de

May 21, 2023, 9:40:06 AM5/21/23
If you feel comfortable with scripts, you might have a look at
/var/lib/dpkg/info/python3-uno.postinst (or similar) to get an
idea what is going on.

Cheers
signature.asc

Greg Wooledge

May 21, 2023, 9:40:06 AM5/21/23
On Sun, May 21, 2023 at 02:51:33PM +0200, Klaus Jantzen wrote:
> dpkg: error processing package python3-uno (--configure):
>
> installed python3-uno package post-installation script subprocess returned
> error exit status 3

If that's the entire error message, then you need to get more info.
Edit the post-installation script (which should be
/var/lib/dpkg/info/python3-uno.postinst) and add a "set -x" line right
after the "set -e" line.

Then do "dpkg --configure -a" and see what happens. The postinst script
should run in trace mode, and you should see which command is failing,
and get some idea as to why/how.

Once you know that, you can try to solve the issue.

songbird

May 21, 2023, 9:40:06 AM5/21/23
Klaus Jantzen wrote:
> So far the  upgrades seem to be OK; the upgraded system (Bullseye) works
> without any problems.
>
> Does that mean that dpkg has a problem that might result in problems
> with upgrades in the future?
>
> Can I do anything to avoid that problem?

some upgrades may need more than others so you can
do a dry run try for the next level of upgrade and
see if that is the issue.

[since i do not use apt i'm not sure what the magic
words are but for apt-get the difference is checked
by using apt-get -s dist-upgrade vs. apt-get -s upgrade

another question to ponder is what an apt-get check
reports.

songbird

Greg Wooledge

May 21, 2023, 3:52:27 PM5/21/23
On Sun, May 21, 2023 at 05:40:06PM +0200, Klaus Jantzen wrote:
> Setting up python3-uno (1:7.0.4-4+deb11u6) ...
> + [ configure = configure ]
> + ucf --three-way /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/.registry/pyuno.xcd
> /etc/libreoffice/registry/pyuno.xcd
> + ucfr --force python3-uno /etc/libreoffice/registry/pyuno.xcd
> + which py3compile
> + py3compile -p python3-uno
> E: py3compile:272: Requested versions are not installed
> dpkg: error processing package python3-uno (--configure):
>  installed python3-uno package post-installation script subprocess returned
> error exit status 3
>  python3-uno

You sent this to me privately, apparently, but I'm Cc-ing the list.
There is nothing private here.

Now, I'm not really much of a python guy. So I googled for your error
text, and got this result:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1273228/e-py3compile243-requested-versions-are-not-installed

The second answer (which has a green checkmark but has a lower score)
suggests that this can result from having the /usr/bin/python3 symlink
pointing to the wrong version of python.

What version of the python3-minimal package do you have installed, and
what does your /usr/bin/python3 point to?

Klaus Jantzen

May 22, 2023, 3:20:07 AM5/22/23

Thank you for your valuable hints.

Sorry for sending my reply to your private address. That was not intended; I just hit the reply key without looking at the address.

The link you sent clarifies the problem: I am running python3.11 with the link python3 pointing to python3.11. I did not realize (know) that python3.5 is the default for Debian.

I will change that.

Thanks again for your help.

--
K.D.J.