OT: mysql-workbench alternative

Gareth Evans

Sep 24, 2022, 3:50:06 PM9/24/22
Given what looks to be the ongoing absence of mysql-workbench in stable:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/mysql-workbench

Can anyone recommend a free (at least as in beer) alternative that creates ERDs automatically from MariaDB?

I tried installing mysql-workbench-community from mysql.com on Ubuntu 22.04, but it wouldn't find MariaDB (which was running) to attempt to connect with, so not sure if that's what I really want anyway!

Running under Wine is an option if necessary.

Thanks,
Gareth

Nicholas Geovanis

Sep 24, 2022, 6:00:06 PM9/24/22
On Sat, Sep 24, 2022, 2:47 PM Gareth Evans <dono...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
Given what looks to be the ongoing absence of mysql-workbench in stable:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/mysql-workbench

Can anyone recommend a free (at least as in beer) alternative that creates ERDs automatically from MariaDB?

It's just an educated guess but can't doxygen do that?

Gareth Evans

Sep 26, 2022, 12:30:05 AM9/26/22

On 24 Sep 2022, at 22:55, Nicholas Geovanis <nickge...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Sep 24, 2022, 2:47 PM Gareth Evans <dono...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
Given what looks to be the ongoing absence of mysql-workbench in stable:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/mysql-workbench

Can anyone recommend a free (at least as in beer) alternative that creates ERDs automatically from MariaDB?

It's just an educated guess but can't doxygen do that?

I'll have a look at that.