Debian Nordic Matrix

Luna Jernberg

Jan 14, 2021, 6:50:02 AM1/14/21
Hello!

Got a request today to create a Nordic channel on Debian's Matrix Server

Feel free to join and discuss Debian in the Nordics or generally hang around

Mateusz Mojsiejuk

Jan 14, 2021, 7:10:03 AM1/14/21
The one protocol to rule them all :)

~M

Jonas Smedegaard

Jan 14, 2021, 8:00:03 AM1/14/21
Quoting Luna Jernberg (2021-01-14 12:31:19)
According to akshay helping out a bit in #debian-nordic, there is
already a matrix bridge to our irc channel:
https://matrix.to/#/#_oftc_#debian-in:matrix.org

Please clarify how the new one is different - i.e. why one would choose
one over the other or when to use one and when the other.

If they serve same purpose, I suggest drop the new one and continue use
the old one.

- Jonas

* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/

[x] quote me freely [ ] ask before reusing [ ] keep private
signature.asc

Jonas Smedegaard

Jan 14, 2021, 8:10:04 AM1/14/21
Quoting Jonas Smedegaard (2021-01-14 13:58:29)
> Quoting Luna Jernberg (2021-01-14 12:31:19)
> > Hello!
> >
> > Got a request today to create a Nordic channel on Debian's Matrix Server
> > So created one today:
> > https://matrix.to/#/%23debian-nordic:matrix.debian.social?via=matrix.debian.social
> >
> > Feel free to join and discuss Debian in the Nordics or generally hang
> > around
>
> According to akshay helping out a bit in #debian-nordic, there is
> already a matrix bridge to our irc channel:
> https://matrix.to/#/#_oftc_#debian-in:matrix.org

Above should be https://matrix.to/#/#_oftc_#debian-nordic:matrix.org

(silly me not reading what I write!)

> Please clarify how the new one is different - i.e. why one would choose
> one over the other or when to use one and when the other.
>
> If they serve same purpose, I suggest drop the new one and continue use
> the old one.

signature.asc

Luna Jernberg

Jan 14, 2021, 8:30:03 AM1/14/21
Ah, i started this one as Mattias wrote on Telegram and asked if Debian has a Matrix server instead of Telegram and decided to create a room on Debians Official Matrix Server
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianSocial but as there is also the IRC channel bridged to the official Matrix, Matrix server i guess that one works as well
and to answer the orginal question there is Debian chat rooms on both matrix and IRC for people that don't wanna use Telegram