Re: Collaborate Debian Reference in Traditional Chinese

楊志璿

Nov 23, 2021, 12:00:04 PM11/23/21
Dear all,

May I ask who should I communicate with and  pull request these issues?
This is Chih-Hsuan Yang(楊志璿), a Taiwanese developer, using traditional Chinese as native language.
I found some unsuitable translations from simplified Chinese to traditional Chinese (or English to traditional Chinese).

Thank you!

Best regards,
Chih-Hsuan Yang

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Nov 24, 2021, 8:20:03 AM11/24/21
Hi Chih-Hsuan,

I believe the best way to contribute to the Debian Reference is to make a merge request on Salsa or submit patches to BTS.

The source files are here https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debian-reference and you can find the translation files under the po/ directory, for example po/zh-tw.po.

You can share your merge request on this list, then I or other DDs can help you merge them.

Cheers,
Kanru

楊志璿

Nov 27, 2021, 8:40:03 AM11/27/21
Dear all,

Thank you all, this is the first time Debian salsa accept my account!

Thanks.
Best,
SCC

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Nov 27, 2021, 7:10:04 PM11/27/21
Dear all,

I translate the chapter 1 in to traditional Chinese.
And give the debian-reference a pull request.
Feel free to review it.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Chih-Hsuan Yang

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Nov 28, 2021, 3:20:02 AM11/28/21

I just uploaded after merging 楊志璿先生's translation PO as

debian-reference (2.89) unstable; urgency=medium

* Update en: ripgrep, GUI filer action scripts.
* Update zh-cn, id, zh-tw translation.
* Source-only upload.

-- Osamu Aoki <os...@debian.org> Sun, 28 Nov 2021 16:52:48 +0900

See change history at:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debian-reference

楊志璿

Nov 28, 2021, 3:40:03 AM11/28/21
Hi all,

I merge the branch 'latest' of https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debian-reference into SCC.

Please see the PR(https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debian-reference/-/merge_requests/9).

Thanks.

Best,
SCC

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

> I just uploaded after merging 楊志璿先生's translation PO as
>
> debian-reference (2.89) unstable; urgency=medium
>
> - Update en: ripgrep, GUI filer action scripts.
> - Update zh-cn, id, zh-tw translation.
> - Source-only upload.

楊志璿

Nov 28, 2021, 8:20:03 AM11/28/21
Dear Osamu Aoki,

I think I should also mention there are many different usages of traditional and simplified Chinese, but cannot be found in the OpenCC.
For example:

The Row and Column
in traditional Chinese is '列' and '行'
in simplified Chinese is '行' and '列'
And the **command line** should be translated from "命令行" to "指令列" in translating from simplified to traditional.

Yes, that is exactly different in these two languages. It is not one-to-one and onto translation, it is different in some sematics.

There is another example:
The **free software** is not only "free" but also "freedom"[1].
Therefore we should translate the **free** into 自由且免費.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software

Best,
SCC

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Nov 28, 2021, 9:20:02 AM11/28/21
Hi Yang,

I think your change to genxml is wrong so I reverted.

Please see --use-first is used later to drop autogenerated msgstr if you already have
PO for the same msgid.

楊志璿

Nov 28, 2021, 9:40:02 AM11/28/21
Hi Osamu Aoki,