Test failures on ppc64el for camelot-py

Elena ``of Valhalla''

Feb 14, 2024, 5:40:05 AMFeb 14
Hello

I'm the maintainer of camelot-py and when I enabled autopkgtests for the
package I've had a failure on ppc64el

https://ci.debian.net/packages/c/camelot-py/testing/ppc64el/42972030/

all other architectures pass, and I have no experience on ppc64el, so I
don't know what could be causing this: do you have any hint on things I
could look out for?

I've opened a bug to keep track of the issue, and I'm also going to
report it on the upstream bugtracker, in case they would also have
useful hints to find a solution.

If I can't find a proper solution I guess I will just disable the
autopkgtests on ppc64el, but if anybody can help me in finding a proper
solution I'd be grateful.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''
signature.asc

Jeffrey Walton

Feb 14, 2024, 6:20:04 AMFeb 14
One of the first things to do is, sign up for a GCC Compile Farm
account, <https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm> and
<https://portal.cfarm.net/>. It is free for free and open source
software developers. See "Request an Account" in the menu bar at
<https://portal.cfarm.net/users/new/>.

The CFarm provides plenty of PowerPC machines to test on:
<https://portal.cfarm.net/machines/list/>. cfarm29 provides ppc64le.
Once your account is approved, SSH into the machine with 'ssh
cfarm29.cfarm.net'.

You should also consider testing on cfarm110, which is big-endian.

Another notable is cfarm119. It is also big-endian, but it runs AIX.

Jeff

Elena ``of Valhalla''

Feb 14, 2024, 7:40:04 AMFeb 14
On 2024-02-14 at 11:35:09 +0100, Elena ``of Valhalla'' wrote:
> I've opened a bug to keep track of the issue, and I'm also going to
> report it on the upstream bugtracker, in case they would also have
> useful hints to find a solution.

and for the record, this is the upstream issue I've opened:

https://github.com/camelot-dev/camelot/issues/488

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''
signature.asc