Dropping gdc support?

Samuel Thibault

Jan 16, 2022, 3:20:03 PM1/16/22
Hello,

The gcc-12 package fails to build because it notices that gdc-11 does
not work. Actually gdc has never worked as far as I can still test. And
indeed the packages that were build-depending on it are failing.
Basically it cannot work because the D runtime has not been ported
to the Hurd system. It seems that it's like all these new languages
implementations: one has to write by hand in D each and every bit of the
Posix ABI (while perl has been doing such thing automatically from C
headers for decades). If somebody volunteers to do the porting that will
be welcome, otherwise I'll soon ask to just drop the gdc support from
gcc-12, only a dozen or two Debian packages will miss that.

Samuel

Samuel Thibault

Jan 23, 2022, 5:20:04 PM1/23/22
Samuel Thibault, le dim. 16 janv. 2022 21:19:17 +0100, a ecrit:
> otherwise I'll soon ask to just drop the gdc support from
> gcc-12

Apparently doko already did it.

Samuel

Svante Signell

Jan 23, 2022, 5:50:02 PM1/23/22
Unfortunately. I was jut going to look into that problem...

Svante Signell

Jan 26, 2022, 8:40:03 AM1/26/22
Unfortunate, I was just about to look into that problem.