Debian armhf test system?

Jeffrey Walton

Sep 25, 2021, 10:10:02 AM9/25/21
Hi Everyone,

We are trying to track down the cause of a build failure on Debian;
see [1]. I want to setup a Debian armhf system for testing. (I have
about 6 testing boards, but they are other OSes).

I found the relevant area of the manual that says Debian supports
armel, armhf and arm64,[2] but I have not found a list of supported
hardware like a specific SBC.

Can someone provide a recommendation for a readily available armhf
device? Like something I can order from Amazon?

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libcrypto%2B%2B&arch=armhf&ver=8.6.0-1&stamp=1632566181&raw=0
[2] https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/arm64/ch02s01.en.html

Martin

Sep 25, 2021, 2:00:02 PM9/25/21
On 2021-09-25 09:59, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Can someone provide a recommendation for a readily available armhf
> device? Like something I can order from Amazon?

At work, we have
https://www.taskit.de/en/products/embedded-products/computer-on-module/315/stampa5d36-256f/256r/1msf
or one of its variants. It runs Debian 10, only the kernel is customized
a little bit. Maybe that company has multiple devices compatible to
Debian armhf.

Also they have
https://www.taskit.de/en/products/embedded-products/computer-on-module/132/stamp9g20-512f/128r
which can run Debian armel, again Debian 10 with customized kernel.

HTH, Cheers

Paul Wise

Sep 25, 2021, 8:20:02 PM9/25/21
On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 2:00 PM Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> We are trying to track down the cause of a build failure on Debian;
> see [1]. I want to setup a Debian armhf system for testing. (I have
> about 6 testing boards, but they are other OSes).

Another option is to just use the existing porterboxes.

https://wiki.debian.org/PorterBoxHowToUse
https://db.debian.org/machines.cgi
https://dsa.debian.org/doc/schroot/

> I found the relevant area of the manual that says Debian supports
> armel, armhf and arm64,[2] but I have not found a list of supported
> hardware like a specific SBC.

There are a few different lists of hardware where using Debian is possible:

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/armhf/ch02s01.en.html#armhf-armmp-supported-platforms
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/arm64/ch02s01.en.html#arm64-supported-platforms
https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn#sbc
https://wiki.debian.org/U-boot/Status
https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Hardware

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Rick Thomas

Sep 26, 2021, 5:10:03 AM9/26/21
The Cubox-i4Pro will do what you want:
https://shop.solid-run.com/product/SRMX6QDWT1D02GE008X00CE/

Hope it helps!
Rick

Jeffrey Walton

Sep 26, 2021, 6:30:03 AM9/26/21
On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 9:59 AM Jeffrey Walton <nolo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone provide a recommendation for a readily available armhf
> device? Like something I can order from Amazon?

Thanks everyone. I ordered a device.

Jeff

Noah Meyerhans

Sep 28, 2021, 1:10:04 PM9/28/21
On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 09:59:51AM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> We are trying to track down the cause of a build failure on Debian;
> see [1]. I want to setup a Debian armhf system for testing. (I have
> about 6 testing boards, but they are other OSes).
>
> I found the relevant area of the manual that says Debian supports
> armel, armhf and arm64,[2] but I have not found a list of supported
> hardware like a specific SBC.
>
> Can someone provide a recommendation for a readily available armhf
> device? Like something I can order from Amazon?

If you have an AWS account, you can launch an arm64 VM on Amazon EC2
running a Debian AMI. From there, setting up an armhf environment is a
simple matter of debootstrap and chroot.

Debian AMIs are here:
https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/seller-profile?id=4d4d4e5f-c474-49f2-8b18-94de9d43e2c0

noah

signature.asc