Re: Rpi compute module 4

Andrew M.A. Cater

Aug 19, 2021, 1:00:02 PM8/19/21
On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 02:04:50PM +0000, Lucas Marshall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m using the Rpi compute module 4 with io board and am trying to work with raspi bullseye arm64 however the usb connector is by default disabled. Raspbian provide a solution in the form of an overlay “dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host” which is pasted into the config.txt file in the root folder of the boot partition. I haven’t been able to find a solution or anybody who has faced the same problem. Do you have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Lucas

Unfortunately, Raspberry Pi OS is off-topic here because, as with other
Debian derivatives, they do things differently to Debian itself.
They also have their own support forums at
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/

It is possible to get a RPi4 (and presumably the Compute Module) running
vanilla Debian - see https://raspi.debian.net/ (and possibly also
http://flosslinuxblog.blogspot.com/2021/08/vanilla-debian-on-raspberry-pi-4-with.html

Hope this helps,

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater

Diederik de Haas

Aug 19, 2021, 6:00:03 PM8/19/21
On donderdag 19 augustus 2021 18:50:54 CEST Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> Raspberry Pi OS is off-topic here

True, but I'm not sure this case is off-topic as (iiuc) Lucas found a solution
for Raspbian. The problem could use more details/specifics though.

Lucas' use of 'raspi' could mean a bunch of things:
1) RaspiOS
2) raspbian.org 'things'
3) an image DLed from raspi.debian.net

1) would be off-topic. 2) is likely off-topic 3) is on-topic
signature.asc