libmail-dmarc-perl packaging

Noah Meyerhans

Oct 9, 2022, 1:20:02 PM10/9/22
Hi perl team. I opened an RFP for libmail-dmarc-perl some time ago
(#1010137) and have finally gotten around to preparing packages for it.
The module can be used by SpamAssassin 4.x, which will recommend it when
it's available in the archive.

Before uploading it, I'd like people more actively involved in CPAN
module packaging to have a look, if possible, and if the package team
can be comaintained within the perl team's structure, that'd be even
better.

Packaging is visible at
https://salsa.debian.org/noahm/libmail-dmarc-perl

One notable detail about this module is that upstream ships a web
application component that embeds jquery and some jquery modules. In
order to avoid trying to strip out the embedded javascript and port it
to packaged instances of jquery, I have omitted the web application from
the package entirely. It is not core to the functionality and is not
something SpamAssassin needs. In the future, if somebody is interested
in working on this, I'd be in favor of adding it to the package.

Thanks
noah

gregor herrmann

Dec 9, 2023, 5:40:04 PM12/9/23
On Sun, 09 Oct 2022 10:09:06 -0700, Noah Meyerhans wrote:

> Hi perl team. I opened an RFP for libmail-dmarc-perl some time ago
> (#1010137) and have finally gotten around to preparing packages for it.
> The module can be used by SpamAssassin 4.x, which will recommend it when
> it's available in the archive.

*cough*

It seems noone has ever replied to your mail from October 2022; sorry
for that.
I see that the package is already in the archive; still, if you'd
like to co-maintain it in the Debian Perl Group feel free to move it
to our git namespace on salsa, and I'd be happy to review and in case
update it.

(dpt-takeover and dpt-salsa might be helpful. Or we could just do
these steps for you :))

Cheers,
gregor

--
.''`. https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
: :' : OpenPGP fingerprint D1E1 316E 93A7 60A8 104D 85FA BB3A 6801 8649 AA06