Package for CGI::Tiny

Greg Kennedy

Jan 8, 2024, 9:40:04 PMJan 8
Hello - I am working on porting an old system from now-deprecated
CGI.pm to something newer. The CGI::Alternatives page
(https://metacpan.org/pod/CGI::Alternatives) lists CGI::Tiny as an
option, and I'd like to try it instead of a larger framework, but I
find there's no Debian package for it in apt...

CGI::Tiny is on CPAN already - https://metacpan.org/pod/CGI::Tiny

it should (hopefully) be straightforward to turn this into a Debian
package - what can I do to make this happen?

Thanks,
-Greg Kennedy

Nick Morrott

Jan 9, 2024, 4:20:04 AMJan 9
If there are no objections from the rest of the team, I'll get it
packaged. It's been a while...

Thanks,
Nick

gregor herrmann

Jan 9, 2024, 5:50:04 AMJan 9
Thanks Nick, please don't hold back :)

Cheers,
gregor

--
.''`. https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
: :' : OpenPGP fingerprint D1E1 316E 93A7 60A8 104D 85FA BB3A 6801 8649 AA06

Greg Kennedy

Jan 28, 2024, 12:30:05 PMJan 28
Is there something I can do to help move this along? I tried looking
in the Debian Sid package list for Perl
(https://packages.debian.org/sid/perl/) but didn't see any
"libcgi-tiny-perl" or similar, just wondering if maybe this did get
packaged and I'm looking in the wrong place or not :)

Nick Morrott

Jan 28, 2024, 12:40:04 PMJan 28
On Sun, 28 Jan 2024 at 17:22, Greg Kennedy <kenned...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there something I can do to help move this along? I tried looking
> in the Debian Sid package list for Perl
> (https://packages.debian.org/sid/perl/) but didn't see any
> "libcgi-tiny-perl" or similar, just wondering if maybe this did get
> packaged and I'm looking in the wrong place or not :)

Apologies Greg. I'm sitting down this evening to get it packaged.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick Morrott

Jan 28, 2024, 6:20:04 PMJan 28
On Sun, 28 Jan 2024 at 17:22, Greg Kennedy <kenned...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there something I can do to help move this along? I tried looking
> in the Debian Sid package list for Perl
> (https://packages.debian.org/sid/perl/) but didn't see any
> "libcgi-tiny-perl" or similar, just wondering if maybe this did get
> packaged and I'm looking in the wrong place or not :)

Greg,

libcgi-tiny-perl is now in the NEW queue [1] and I hope will be
accepted into unstable soon.

[1] https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Apologies for the delay.

Thanks,