Postpone update

Martin Steigerwald

Apr 12, 2023, 7:20:03 AM4/12/23
Hi!

If you have not yet updated to most recent Qt 5.15.8+dfsg-6 and are
still on 5.15.8+dfsg-3 or something like that, I suggest you postpone
the upgrade.

There are issues with Plasma with most recent Qt 5.15.8+dfsg-6. I am
aware of the following two:

1) Screen cannot be locked. After locking screen desktop is basically
frozen but still shown.

2) Krunner segfaults, thus neither Alt-Space and in case still configure
Alt-F2 will work.

There may be other issues.

Debian Qt/KDE Team is aware of it. No need to report it.

I do not know any further details and the version number for the last
working version above is just a rough bet.

Thanks,
--
Martin

Helge Reimer

Apr 12, 2023, 9:50:03 AM4/12/23
Am Mittwoch, 12. April 2023, 13:18:46 CEST schrieb Martin Steigerwald:

> 1) Screen cannot be locked. After locking screen desktop is basically
> frozen but still shown.
>
> 2) Krunner segfaults, thus neither Alt-Space and in case still configure
> Alt-F2 will work.

I had this problems 2 days ago.
After yesterday's upgrade everything was OK again. Unfortunately I read your
mail too late and after today's upgrade the problems are back.
By the way, Sid is running here and apart from Krunner and Lockscreen I
haven't noticed anything negative so far.

--
Gruß
Helge

Diederik de Haas

Apr 12, 2023, 10:10:04 AM4/12/23
On Wednesday, 12 April 2023 13:18:46 CEST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> There are issues with Plasma with most recent Qt 5.15.8+dfsg-6. I am
> aware of the following two:
>
> 1) Screen cannot be locked. After locking screen desktop is basically
> frozen but still shown.
>
> 2) Krunner segfaults, thus neither Alt-Space and in case still configure
> Alt-F2 will work.
>
> There may be other issues.

When I put my system to 'sleep' and then wake up again, I can't (really)
interact with my system anymore and I have to do "Ctl+Alt+Backspace" which I
think just kills the X server and then I can login again via sddm.
signature.asc

Johannes Zarl-Zierl

Apr 12, 2023, 5:00:04 PM4/12/23
Am Mittwoch, 12. April 2023, 13:18:46 CEST schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> 2) Krunner segfaults, thus neither Alt-Space and in case still configure
> Alt-F2 will work.
>
> There may be other issues.

For the record: nheko is also segfaulting...

Cheers,
Johannes

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer

Apr 12, 2023, 7:40:03 PM4/12/23
Hi!

I have just uploaded qtbase-opensource-src again, this time with a
fixed patch. It should be accepted in some minutes and you will
probably have the binaries in the mirrors in a few hours. I have
tested the changes myself on my main system and everything looks good,
but please chime if something odd happens.

Thanks for your patience, we are dealing with a a11y (accessibility)
issue when Qt applications are being run as root.

Rainer Dorsch

Apr 13, 2023, 3:00:05 AM4/13/23

digikam segfaults after the upgrade from bullseye to bookworm. I opened a bug report

Since it is not proven for me that it is the same issue and it helps to warn others who are using apt-listbugs.

Thanks

Rainer

--

Rainer Dorsch

http://bokomoko.de/

Rainer Dorsch

Apr 13, 2023, 3:10:03 AM4/13/23
After reading more details on debian-qt-kde IRC I understand that the qtbase5
issue only affects sid, 5.15.8+dfsg-3 in bookworm is not affected. That means
the digikam issue is unrelated.

Martin Steigerwald

Apr 13, 2023, 3:20:04 AM4/13/23
Hi Lisandro!

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer - 13.04.23, 01:30:20 CEST:
> I have just uploaded qtbase-opensource-src again, this time with a
> fixed patch. It should be accepted in some minutes and you will
> probably have the binaries in the mirrors in a few hours. I have
> tested the changes myself on my main system and everything looks good,
> but please chime if something odd happens.

Thanks dearly for the timely fix!

> Thanks for your patience, we are dealing with a a11y (accessibility)
> issue when Qt applications are being run as root.

Yeah, I noticed the repeated uploads of Qt. Seems this has been quite
challenging to get right!

Thank you all from the Debian/Kubuntu Qt/KDE team! I appreciate your
work!

Best,
--
Martin

Martin Steigerwald

Apr 13, 2023, 5:50:03 AM4/13/23
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer - 13.04.23, 01:30:20 CEST:
5.15.8+dfsg-7 works well for me. KRunner works. Screen can be locked and
unlocked again.

Note, not all Qt related packages are at this version number. I looked
at version number of libqt5gui5 and a sane output of apt full-upgrade to
determine whether it would be safe to update with the current state of
the mirror I use.

Thank you.

Best,
--