[backintime] Translation request - Text about attracting users as translators

c.b...@posteo.jp

Aug 30, 2023, 5:40:04 PM8/30/23
Hello,
I'm upstream maintainer of "backintime". To approach my users as
translators I have a dialog that pops up after the first 10 starts of
the application and informs about the translation platform (Weblate)
etc. Like a donation banner on Wikipedia.
So my intention is to get the text used in that dialog translated into
all languages (46 currently) languages of my application. I don't know
many languages does this mailing list contain.

The original text and all current available translations are accessible
and editable (without having an account!) on the translation platform
<https://translate.codeberg.org/translate/backintime/common/fo/?checksum=0d2c8ba7eb3bcafb>

Beside that I do provide the original source text here. Please do not
translate "Back In Time" as the application name and keep the
placeholder variables and keep the newlines between paragraphs.
Thanks in advance.

Hello

You have used Back In Time in the {language} language a few times by
now.

The translation of your installed version of Back In Time into
{language} is {perc} complete. Regardless of your level of technical
expertise, you can contribute to the translation and thus Back In Time
itself.

Please visit the {translation_platform_url} if you wish to contribute.
For further assistance and questions, please visit the
{back_in_time_project_website}.

We apologize for the interruption, and this message will not be shown
again. This dialog is available at any time via the help menu.

Your Back In Time Team.

c.b...@posteo.jp

Aug 31, 2023, 8:10:04 AM8/31/23
The link don't work anymore but this should

<https://translate.codeberg.org/search/backintime/common/?q=Hello>

c.b...@posteo.jp

Sep 1, 2023, 5:20:03 AM9/1/23
Hello,
I just want to give a short update on that request and experiment.

The text is translated in some languages. The current state can be seen
here:

<https://translate.codeberg.org/search/backintime/common/?q=hello>

Feel free to take a look and review existing translations of that text.
And feel also free to add new languages.

Languages that are still missing:
Bulgarian
Czech
Esperanto
Estonian
Basque
Persian
Finnish
Faroese
French
Galician
Croatian
Hungarian
Icelandic
Bokmål (Norwegian)
Dutch
Romanian
Slovenian
Serbian
Thai
Vietnamese
Traditional Chinese

We plan to release a new version of the application in the next days. So
the rolling release distros will pick it up via there update channels
(based on Debian unstable and Arch). I'll let you know how the users do
react to such an "please translate" dialog. I'll hope the translations
will increase from that point on.

Kind
Christian