some libreoffice files need special treatment

Andika Triwidada

Nov 20, 2023, 11:40:04 PM11/20/23
Hello,

Please check https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/id
and search for libreoffice. You will see many files highlighted
in red, for example translations/source/an/dictionaries/id.po.
They are in the wrong 'category'. Those files are supposed to
be translated into other languages, not into Indonesian.

Using the specific example above, that id.po file needs to be
translated into 'an' language.

Can someone do something about it?

Thank you!

(other affected language: https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/es,
maybe more, I haven't check every languages)

Regards,
Andika

Holger Wansing

Jan 6, 2024, 1:40:04 PMJan 6

Andika Triwidada <and...@gmail.com> wrote (Tue, 21 Nov 2023 11:38:36 +0700):
> Hello,
>
> Please check https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/id
> and search for libreoffice. You will see many files highlighted
> in red, for example translations/source/an/dictionaries/id.po.
> They are in the wrong 'category'. Those files are supposed to
> be translated into other languages, not into Indonesian.
>
> Using the specific example above, that id.po file needs to be
> translated into 'an' language.
>
> Can someone do something about it?

The reason for this, that libreoffice's directory structure/file naming
concept does not work well with the mechanism in webwml/international/l10n
to find po files in packages.

Me personally, I'm lacking perl/programming skills to change the relevant
code. The only thing I found is, there is a mechanism to skip packages
completely from this lists.
I tested that here locally, and it works fine here (aka: libreoffice no
longer gets listed on those pages).
Maybe that's better than nothing?

A patch is attached.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwan...@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508 3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076

victory

Jan 6, 2024, 10:50:04 PMJan 6
On 2024/01/07 3:36, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Andika Triwidada <and...@gmail.com> wrote (Tue, 21 Nov 2023 11:38:36 +0700):
>> Please check https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/id
>> and search for libreoffice. You will see many files highlighted
>> in red, for example translations/source/an/dictionaries/id.po.
>> They are in the wrong 'category'. Those files are supposed to
>> be translated into other languages, not into Indonesian.
>> Using the specific example above, that id.po file needs to be
>> translated into 'an' language.
> The reason for this, that libreoffice's directory structure/file naming
> concept does not work well with the mechanism in webwml/international/l10n
> to find po files in packages.

does it use a data file created by dl10n-check?
if so, you can add stanza for ooo in process_po_file sub like:
--
if ($lang eq "" && $file =~
m,libreoffice/translations/source/$regexp_for_lang_code/,o){

--
victory

Holger Wansing

Jan 7, 2024, 7:10:05 AMJan 7

victory <victo...@gmail.com> wrote (Sun, 7 Jan 2024 12:44:52 +0900):
> On 2024/01/07 3:36, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > Andika Triwidada <and...@gmail.com> wrote (Tue, 21 Nov 2023 11:38:36 +0700):
> >> Please check https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/id
> >> and search for libreoffice. You will see many files highlighted
> >> in red, for example translations/source/an/dictionaries/id.po.
> >> They are in the wrong 'category'. Those files are supposed to
> >> be translated into other languages, not into Indonesian.
> >> Using the specific example above, that id.po file needs to be
> >> translated into 'an' language.
> > The reason for this, that libreoffice's directory structure/file naming
> > concept does not work well with the mechanism in webwml/international/l10n
> > to find po files in packages.
>
> does it use a data file created by dl10n-check?

Yes, apparently 1l10n-data (in webmaster's cron repo) pulls data from
https://i18n.debian.org/material/data/unstable.gz,
which might be created by dl10n-check calls.
But that's happening on tye.debian.org machine, where I lack permission
to login. So I'm not exactly sure what's happening there, and therefore
I'm unable to change anything on that topic (besides of lacking Perl
programming skills).

Holger

> if so, you can add stanza for ooo in process_po_file sub like:
> --
> if ($lang eq "" && $file =~
> m,libreoffice/translations/source/$regexp_for_lang_code/,o){
> $bad_lang = $1;
> if (is_lang($bad_lang)) {
> $lang = $bad_lang;
> $bad_lang = "";
> }
> }
> --
> note: currently line 690 catches it so you need to cut-in before it
>
> --
> victory

Holger Wansing

Jan 19, 2024, 4:50:04 PMJan 19

I have now filed a merge request [1] against dl10n, to remove libreoffice
from l10n material on i18n.debian.org, to get this fixed.

Holger

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/l10n-team/dl10n/-/merge_requests/7

Andika Triwidada

Jan 19, 2024, 7:20:04 PMJan 19