Debian installation on Macbook Pro 2015

Ragnar Klar

Mar 2, 2023, 7:10:03 AM3/2/23
Is it possible to install Debian 11 on a MacBook Pro 2015?

Does anyone have experience?
Ragnar

Ragnar Klar

Mar 2, 2023, 7:20:03 AM3/2/23

Yuri Musachio

Mar 2, 2023, 8:20:04 AM3/2/23
Hey Ragnar!

There is a netinst version to Mac (I think it's for Mac) here: https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/current/amd64/iso-cd/
I never tried to install this image, so I don't know if this will work correctly or not. But you can try, and tell to us what happened. :)

Best,

Gerard Bekhuis

Mar 2, 2023, 8:40:04 AM3/2/23
Hello,

I send you a Youtubevideo

Install Linux Debian on MacBook Pro with M1 Chip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbkXPdv8wJs

Perhaps you can find here a solution for your problem.

Gérard

Andrew M.A. Cater

Mar 2, 2023, 1:50:04 PM3/2/23
The link that is specifically listed for Mac is for a *very old* Mac which
could not understand the format of the .iso normally used so had a specific
netinst built for it.

Current Macbooks should be able to use the normal amd64 image.

You might want to look on the Debian wiki for InstallingDebianOn -
https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Apple suggests that this is
feasible.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater