No processing/acceptance from dak for some packages?

1 view

Nilesh Patra

Sep 26, 2021, 3:10:02 AM9/26/21

I have been trying to upload yaggo 1.5.10-5 for more than 12 hours by now.
And I have done this several times by now[look here]

It gets to the ftp upload server, sits there for a while, and vanishes eventually.
There is however no further processing, neither accept, nor reject.

I however, tried uploading golang-github-shenwei356-bio 0.3.2-1, and golang-github-shenwei356-util 0.4.0-1 and these went smoothly.

This looks just... weird. Would someone know why this happens?

[look here]: All attempts visible here: https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/debian-med-packaging/2021-September/thread.html

Nilesh

OpenPGP_signature

Ansgar

Sep 26, 2021, 6:30:03 AM9/26/21
Nilesh Patra writes:
> This looks just... weird. Would someone know why this happens?

Someone uploaded a broken .changes file that had different sizes for the
same file:

+---
| Checksums-Sha256:
| [...]
| 209dda5709e1a67eab2762013136adc7c3b6977a17a7e3d8a12f5b2c27569875 156580 [...]
| Files:
| [...]
| cda6f0841c01ae3ffb3f9584ba9c5f20 157910 science optional [...]
+---

The error handling in the archive software is not very good for this
error: it stops processing, thus all .changes files sorted after this
one did not get processed.

The file was now moved away.

Anyway, people should *not* edit .changes files manually as it is too
easy to refer to the wrong files, e.g., a different .orig tarball than
was used to build the package. I suspect someone did manually edit the
file here.

Ansgar