Mailing List Search Engine

Eray Ozkural

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
is totally dead. I don't think that it has been working
for the last few months. It would be very useful considering
the high volume of debian-devel especially. I am trying
to find out if a package is under development, but I cannot
use the search engine, that means I have to go through each
subject manually. And I don't think the case is different
for other people.

Stay calm,

Ethan Benson

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 03:52:42AM +0300, Eray Ozkural wrote:
> is totally dead. I don't think that it has been working
> for the last few months. It would be very useful considering
> the high volume of debian-devel especially. I am trying
> to find out if a package is under development, but I cannot
> use the search engine, that means I have to go through each
> subject manually. And I don't think the case is different
> for other people.

yup its been broken since y2k, however someone recently pointed out on
debian-powerpc that it will work if you specify a date, unrestricted
date searches always return nothing though.

depending on the browser you can select more then one date in that
list. it would be great if that could be fixed but maybe in the
meantime this workaround should be posted to the search page?

> Stay calm,
>
> --

Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/

Chad Miller

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 03:52:42AM +0300, Eray Ozkural wrote:
> is totally dead. [...]

It seems obvious, but:

So, who's got the source? I know where I can get a compiler.

- chad

--
Chad Miller <cmi...@surfsouth.com> URL: http://web.chad.org/
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced".

Cesar Mendoza

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00

I'm the the current responsible for the lists-archives
package. Unfortunately, I'm not a Debian developer yet (my application
is on the queue). So, there is nothing I can do to fix that problem until
I have access to the server that runs the mailing list archive :-(.

Bye
Cesar Mendoza
http://www.kitiara.org
--------
"The three golden rules to ensure computer security:
Do not own a computer, do not power it on, and do not use it."
--Robert T. Morris