Howto re-upload to debian-mentors

Kai-Martin Knaak

Feb 7, 2021, 6:00:04 PM2/7/21
Hi Debian-Mentors,

I am in the process of adopting the package geda-gaf. This is my first
experience as a maintainer so I might be a little stubborn. After the
first successful upload as "geda-gaf-1.10.2-1" some minor issues
surfaced. When I tried to use dupload to upload the changes the utility
just told me that all the packages were already there. It concluded
"Nothing to upload".

After I upped the version to "geda-gaf-1.10.2-2" the package uploaded
fine. However, reviewers suggested to combine the two uploads into one.
I found no way to directly overwrite or modify an upload. So I used the
remove button on the projects page to remove the offending uploads.
Afterwards, I uploaded my current local version as "geda-gaf-1.10.2-1".
Unfortunately, comments by a reviewer were deleted in the process. The
remarks were dealt with in the new upload, though.

Can you confirm that this was the correct way to go ahead?

Regards,

---<)kaimartin(>---

--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: k...@familieknaak.de

Tong Sun

Feb 7, 2021, 6:40:03 PM2/7/21
IIRC, you can upload with the same version # over and over to debian-mentors,
without bumping version #.

The overwriting is done automatically.

Kai-Martin Knaak

Feb 7, 2021, 7:00:02 PM2/7/21
Thanks. Next time I will do without temporary removal.
I just discovered the -f option of dupload to force the upload.

Andrey Rahmatullin

Feb 8, 2021, 2:50:02 AM2/8/21
On Sun, Feb 07, 2021 at 11:53:16PM +0100, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> just told me that all the packages were already there. It concluded
> "Nothing to upload".
It just checks the presence of an .upload file. You can remove it or pass
-f.

--
WBR, wRAR
signature.asc