New contributor question

Darren Tomblin

Feb 11, 2024, 5:10:04 PMFeb 11
Hi I’m wondering what I have to do to say I want to work on a bug I’ve searched for this and can’t find anything I don’t know if I was searching for the right thing thanks
73,
Darren Tomblin KC9JJJ

Geert Stappers

Feb 12, 2024, 1:10:04 AMFeb 12
On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 05:04:41PM -0500, Darren Tomblin wrote:
> Hi
>
> I’m wondering what I have to do to say I want to work on a bug I’ve
> searched for this and can’t find anything I don’t know if I was
> searching for the right thing

Just start somewhere.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Silence is hard to parse

Geert Stappers

Feb 12, 2024, 1:30:03 AMFeb 12
On Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 07:07:55AM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 05:04:41PM -0500, Darren Tomblin wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I’m wondering what I have to do to say I want to work on a bug I’ve
> > searched for this and can’t find anything I don’t know if I was
> > searching for the right thing
>
> Just start somewhere.

If the first "thingy" is too heavy to lift, try a next "thingy".
If also too heavy, try the next. Do know that you learn with each
attempt. Allow yourself to start small and to fail often.
Having fun with finding how to contribute to libre software
is already contributing to libre software.

Welcome

Regards
Geert Stappers
Doesn't care much about age
Does know that having a radio call sign implies skill

Charalampos Mitrodimas

Feb 12, 2024, 8:10:05 AMFeb 12
Hi Daren,

On 2/12/24 00:04, Darren Tomblin wrote:
> Hi I’m wondering what I have to do to say I want to work on a bug I’ve searched for this and can’t find anything I don’t know if I was searching for the right thing thanks

Just to clarify, have you found a bug that has already been
reported and are you trying to figure out how to claim it, or
are you looking to report a new bug?

--

Charalampos Mitrodimas