Bits from the Release Team: say hello to our studious bookworm

1 view

Jonathan Wiltshire

Aug 14, 2021, 7:20:02 PM8/14/21

On 14th August 2021 we released Debian 11 "bullseye".

There are too many people who should be thanked for their work on getting
us to this point to list them all individually, and we would be sure to
miss some. Nevertheless, we would like to particularly thank the installer
team, the buildd and ftp teams, the CD team, the publicity team, the
webmasters, the Release Notes editors, porters and all the bug squashers,
NMUers, package maintainers and translators who have contributed to making
bullseye a great release of which we should all be proud.

First point release
===================

As on previous occasions, we anticipate that the first point release for
bullseye will occur in approximately one month's time.

Please co-ordinate fixes which you would like to see included in the point
release with the Stable Release Managers (SRMs) via a "pu" bug against the
release.debian.org pseudopackage, including a debdiff of the current and
proposed source packages. Remember to use reportbug unless you enjoy
crafting the metadata by hand.

Autopkgtests continue to be crucial to migration

Following the release of bullseye, we can confirm that autopkgtests (when
provided) will continue to be considered across all architectures for
migration to bookworm. In other words, the tests need to succeed on all
release architectures for your package to migrate.

Start working on bookworm
=========================

With the start of the bookworm release cycle, you can now upload to
unstable those changes you've been holding off during the freeze. Please do
not rush to upload everything all at once, in order to manage load on the
buildds etc. Automatic testing migration is not yet re-enabled, but that
will happen during the next few days.

As with bullseye, we would ask that you co-ordinate particularly large
transitions or changes; if your plans involve major toolchain changes or
otherwise have the potential to cause problems in unstable for a long time
(e.g. due to FTBFS issues), please talk to us. We know that there are a
large number of changes which have been waiting for the release to happen
and we're keen not to stand in the way of those but would also like to
avoid a number of larger transitions becoming entangled.

That's it for now; it is time for the celebrations to begin, whether at a
Release Party[1] or otherwise. :-)

1: https://wiki.debian.org/ReleasePartyBullseye

For the release team:
--
Jonathan Wiltshire j...@debian.org
Debian Developer http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC 74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

signature.asc