Contributing to the development of Gatekeeper

Sudeep Biswas

Apr 4, 2018, 2:36:44 PM4/4/18
to Linux XIA
Hello everyone!
I did not submit my proposal for GSoC because of my exams during the GSoC period. But I would still like to contribute to the development of gatekeeper in my free time. I've started playing with the code and submitted a PR as well.
Can someone please guide me as I'm finding it a bit difficult to understand some parts of the code.

Thank you.

Qiaobin Fu

Apr 4, 2018, 8:40:32 PM4/4/18
to Linux XIA
Hello Sudeep,

Thank you!
Qiaobin

Michel Machado

Apr 5, 2018, 9:22:29 AM4/5/18
to Qiaobin Fu, Linux XIA
Complementing Qiaobin's suggestions:

Read Gatekeeper's code and write about it on your blog. Not only will your effort benefit others, but it'll also give you a deep understanding of the code.

Read previous pull requests. There are plenty of good information in the comments.

Edward Hui

Apr 6, 2018, 5:27:37 AM4/6/18
to Linux XIA
Hi community,

I would also like to make contributions regardless of the application result, for minor adjustments, e.g. typos, minor bugs, what will be the common practice, will it bother the community if I start a pull request only on typos?

Many thanks,
Edward

Michel Machado

Apr 6, 2018, 8:26:31 AM4/6/18
to Edward Hui, Linux XIA
As long as a pull request improves our codebase, it's a valid pull request. I don't mind merging a pull request that fixes typos. In fact, this kind of pull request can help you to learn/practice the review process. The following links may help you getting started: