Draft proposal on Mininet xia

Hrishav Mukherjee

Mar 19, 2018, 6:27:02 PM3/19/18
to Linux XIA
Hello mentors,

1. I have submitted a draft proposal titled "Extending Mininet to support simulation of XIA networks" in the category xia mininet, comments would be quite helpful.

2. From what Michel said about yED in the thread "Extending Mininet support to XIA", I have planned to add a module that will allow creation of graphml files from the topologies that are created. This graphml file is compatible to be visualised using yED. I have tweaked the proposal to accomodate this task.

Regards
Hrishav Mukherjee

Hrishav Mukherjee

Mar 24, 2018, 2:31:45 PM3/24/18
to Linux XIA
Hello Mentors,

Had some questions related to yEd.
1. In the graphml document should the nodes be represented using svg shapes or icons?
2. Any suggestions on what all should be the labels for the nodes? like node name is a must, but including multiple XIDs might make it look clumsy.

I have also made the changes in the proposal based on the feedback I received for you to take a look.

Regards

Cody Doucette

Mar 24, 2018, 7:16:22 PM3/24/18
to Hrishav Mukherjee, Linux XIA
Hi Hrishav,

Thanks for iterating on the proposal based on our suggestions.

For your questions related to yEd -- I don't it's clear yet what the answers to those questions are, it'll probably just depend on what it looks like when you actually do it. Cleanliness is definitely a desirable quality. I would just list the options that you've come up, and if you work on the project you could work with your mentor to figure out what the best choice is when the time comes.

Best,
Cody

Message has been deleted

Hrishav Mukherjee