Root password selection at installation...?

Eric Fithian

Apr 30, 2012, 6:07:12 AM4/30/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
I just installed Swift Linux 0.2.0 twice.  The second time was just to make sure I didn't miss something the first time.
There is no provision to select a password for Root in the series of screens presented before the actual installation process.
I cannot add any apps after the installation without the Root password.
I can find no reference to some sort of default Root password in the Help section or online....
Did somebody forget this essential element...?

Patrick Anderson

May 1, 2012, 6:37:34 PM5/1/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
The alternative is to use 'sudo', supplying the password of your user account.

For example:

$ sudo apt-get install somepackage

Will prompt for the password of your user account, but will give the process the needed access.

JEMS EBERHARD HORBEL

Jun 23, 2023, 12:08:20 AM6/23/23
to linux-swift-users
DIRECT SENDER IS HERE LETS DEAL.

JENS EBERHARD

MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
GLOBALPAY INC US

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP FOR A SERIOUS DEAL.

+44 7756 961978