The new Minty Swift Linux is now available!

Jason Hsu

Apr 24, 2012, 8:20:48 PM4/24/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
The new Minty Swift Linux has arrived!  Swift Linux is now a lightweight derivative of Linux Mint Debian Edition!

Swift Linux 0.2.0 is now available at http://www.swiftlinux.org.  There are two plain vanilla editions, Diet Swift Linux and Regular Swift Linux.  The new Silicon Valley Swift Linux joins Taylor Swift Linux, Minnesota Swift Linux, and Chicago Swift Linux in the lineup of special editions.

Swift Linux is the best of all worlds!  It combines the superior software, hardware, and codec support of Linux Mint with a lightweight and user-friendly interface inspired by Puppy Linux and antiX Linux.

P.S.  Swift Linux NEEDS more developers!  The web site will point you to the bug tracking database, source code, instructions on getting started, build scripts, and checklists.

vavavoom

Apr 26, 2012, 2:30:23 PM4/26/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
I like the idea and it seems to work great... before any updates are done.  After updating to UP4, some things seem to be broken like logging out -- I have to do a "sudo halt" to shut down.

Generally, it is quite snappy on my dual core 2Ghz AMD circa 2005.  More than I can say for Xubuntu 12.04 which seems to be pretty laggy -- even a year ago, xubuntu worked wonderfully on it.

I know it has just been released but when can we expect a new version?

Jason Hsu

Apr 27, 2012, 12:24:55 AM4/27/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
The next version will be based on the 201204 release of LMDE, and I will also start pre-updating the packages.

I plan to release new versions of Swift Linux frequently, hopefully at least once every two weeks.  The improvements will be modest with each iteration, but that will make it easier for me to maintain a changelog.  I'm not up to the task of pulling off an earth-shattering miracle every 6-12 months for the rest of eternity.  I expect a record of persistent but modest improvements to add up to an enormous improvement.  In other words, my release schedule (or lack thereof) will be more like Puppy Linux than antiX Linux, MEPIS Linux, Linux Mint, etc.

JEMS EBERHARD HORBEL

Jun 23, 2023, 12:11:39 AM6/23/23
to linux-swift-users
DIRECT SENDER IS HERE LETS DEAL.

JENS EBERHARD

MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
GLOBALPAY INC US

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP FOR A SERIOUS DEAL.

+44 7756 961978