Printers & Desktop Wallpaper

Jerry Shaw

Apr 25, 2012, 1:34:16 PM4/25/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
Hi just installed the new mint (light) edition.
Neither the printer nor the desktop wallpaper wizards are working for me.
Just wondered if anyone has the same issue?

George Endrulat

Apr 27, 2012, 9:45:56 AM4/27/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
Give Vadim Khohlov's IceWM config editor a shot:  http://icecc.sourceforge.net/

Neal

Apr 28, 2012, 9:41:30 AM4/28/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
Yes....I can't change the wallpaper using the wizard but I can change the log on screen using it.   I'm also unable to move the toolbar to the top of the screen either.....I'm finding it very difficult to do the most basic tweaks for some reason.....Other than that its working fine.

Jerry Shaw

Apr 28, 2012, 10:29:36 AM4/28/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
And I was thinking it was just me...
I downloaded the regular iso & ran from live CD (I installed the diet version), but same issues with desktop wallpaper & printer.
Wallpaper is not a big deal, just irritating, but if I can't print it's no use to me.
Pity, other than that it is real nice.
I'll keep it for a while in case there's a fix.

Neal

Apr 28, 2012, 10:53:23 AM4/28/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
For me the picture I want to use comes to the little wizard screen and I can select center/fill etc but when I click "OK" it does nothing.....I give up and click out of the box achieving nothing. This is the same in both root and user accounts.....  I would very much like to get rid of the lawnboy green wallpaper thing but unfortunately I can't....Perhaps the dev will chime in and give us a simple solution?  Otherwise, I've been able to print to my printer just fine....(older HP deskjet)....no probs there.

For me its just simple irritators like wallper and my toolbar configuration. (I hate them on the bottom)...one of the first things I do is move the toolbar to the top.  Generally I go into my files/icewm/preferences and comment the 1 for toolbar on top but I get an error message saying permission denied...ughhhh.

Jason Hsu

Apr 28, 2012, 2:00:13 PM4/28/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
Due to complaints that the Control Center and Wizards open up in random locations, I'll modify them to always open up in the same location in the next version of Swift Linux.

As for the printer configuration, I offer LMDE's default printer configuration program and a link to http://localhost:631 (CUPS).  You may need to install drivers for your printer.  I know I have to for the Brother MFC-240C printer/scanner I have.

Jason Hsu

Apr 28, 2012, 11:44:46 PM4/28/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
As for changing the desktop wallpaper without the wizard, the critical file is /home/(username)/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/ROX-Filer/pb_swift .  The line with the backdrop style specifies the image file to use as the wallpaper.  Replace this file with another one by the same name, or change the filename.

Neal

Apr 30, 2012, 8:09:22 AM4/30/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
Huh?  What is the dead link?   Why not in user/share/backgrounds?  I can't write anything in this file manager....surely its not just me??

JEMS EBERHARD HORBEL

Jun 23, 2023, 12:08:43 AM6/23/23
to linux-swift-users
DIRECT SENDER IS HERE LETS DEAL.

JENS EBERHARD

MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
GLOBALPAY INC US

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP FOR A SERIOUS DEAL.

+44 7756 961978