no sound in skype

asaf hacohen

Apr 27, 2012, 10:57:11 AM4/27/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I have installed Linux swift and It looks like the system i was looking for. ( fast linux system for an old IBM T42 )

I installed skype from Synaptic,
Skype works, but no output aound at all.

any ideas how to fix it ?

regards
Assaf

George Endrulat

Apr 27, 2012, 11:32:52 AM4/27/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
Is there any sound output at all aside from skype?

asaf hacohen

Apr 27, 2012, 12:28:21 PM4/27/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
Yes, aside from skype, I got output sound from radio tray and Firefox.

George Endrulat

Apr 27, 2012, 2:31:05 PM4/27/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
Go to terminal, type:

sudo killall pulseaudio

or

sudo killall -9 pulseaudio

Restart Skype.

Go to the Sound Settings in Skype and choose Default on everything. Disable the automatic adjustment by Skype.

asaf hacohen

Apr 27, 2012, 5:29:53 PM4/27/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
Thanks man for the tip.

skype manage to play sound after I change the "sound device" in skype setting to "sysdefault"

No the microphone vol is too Low. It would be grate to setup mic. boost.

Is there any mixer I could use in the system - Something like alsa mixer or any other to control in/out volume?

asaf hacohen

Apr 28, 2012, 5:35:43 AM4/28/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
OK. I found some solution,

two mixers can be use: gnome-alsa-mixer, or aumix.
to control the volume from the system tray "volumeicon" can be used.

JEMS EBERHARD HORBEL

Jun 23, 2023, 12:09:50 AM6/23/23
to linux-swift-users
DIRECT SENDER IS HERE LETS DEAL.

JENS EBERHARD

MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
GLOBALPAY INC US

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP FOR A SERIOUS DEAL.

+44 7756 961978