Possible Ultra Diet Edition?

George Endrulat

Apr 27, 2012, 9:53:00 AM4/27/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
The only things I need for a particular project are the required packages to run Node.js.  So not even a WM.  The idea being that it will be a realtime version dumped completely to ram at boot like tinycore but with lmde/swift as the base.  So it needs to be as lightweight as possible.  If anyone would like to join me on this I'd appreciate the input/help/suggestions/thoughts/etc.

George Endrulat

Apr 27, 2012, 12:04:38 PM4/27/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
Running through cruft / deborphan now, let's see how far we can strip it down without dpkg --purge soul

George Endrulat

Apr 27, 2012, 12:08:20 PM4/27/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com

apt
-get remove --purge `deborphan`

returned and removed quite a lot, good times

Jason Hsu

Apr 27, 2012, 12:12:52 PM4/27/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
This is a great idea, but it doesn't fit in with the mission of Swift Linux, which is primarily aimed for users of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Windows XP.  I think you'd like antiX Linux Core, which is antiX Linux without any window manager.  You could also start start a new distro based on LMDE, and we could compare notes.

George Endrulat

Apr 27, 2012, 12:13:28 PM4/27/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
ok after multiple iterations of:

apt-get remove -y --purge `deborphan --guess-all`

the system is reading 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
perfect.

George Endrulat

Apr 27, 2012, 12:16:18 PM4/27/12
to linux-sw...@googlegroups.com
I understand that what I am doing will probably end up being a new distro based off of swift/lmde.

JEMS EBERHARD HORBEL

Jun 23, 2023, 12:10:18 AM6/23/23
to linux-swift-users
DIRECT SENDER IS HERE LETS DEAL.

JENS EBERHARD

MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
GLOBALPAY INC US

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP FOR A SERIOUS DEAL.

+44 7756 961978