Patched kernel builds for Fedora users

Donavan Lance

Apr 6, 2015, 7:15:12 PM4/6/15
to linux-...@googlegroups.com
I'm maintaining a COPR repo for patched kernel builds. Patches include:

- Multitouch for Type Cover
- Camera support
- Hardware Button support
- Battery indicator fix
- ACPI sleep fix

Links for the patch sources are listed on my Github page*: https://github.com/shvr/fedora-surface-pro-3-kernel

To install, simply enable the repo with DNF then run `dnf update`. These builds are signed with the Red Hat Test CA,
so are compatible with Secure Boot provided you import the CA into shim. Instructions for that can be found here:

Feel free to let me know if you need any help.

(*) - When I get the chance I'll be uploading my fully patched kernel tree to Github, so the repos will be changing a bit.

Hiroaki KOBAYASHI

Apr 15, 2015, 8:37:02 AM4/15/15
to linux-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Thank you for your great job!

Today I built and installed your kernel 4.0 package locally on Fedora21 on my SP3.
It solved power-button/suspend issues and my SP3 finally reached "usable for me" state!

By the way, are you ok to getting a patch/pull-request for your github repo?
Since my type cover is JP version, I need to extend your typecover3-multitouch.patch.

Thanks!

2015年4月7日火曜日 8時15分12秒 UTC+9 Donavan Lance:

Donavan Lance

Apr 16, 2015, 10:08:35 AM4/16/15
to linux-...@googlegroups.com
A new build has been provided by COPR, incorporating Hiroaki Kobayashi's modifications to get multitouch working with the Japenese typecover. This build incorporates kernel "4.1-rc0", so to say. Patches for fixing ACPI sleep and the battery indicator have merged upstream, so it is no longer needed to apply external patches for those. If you have any issues, let me know and I'll do what I can.

Enjoy!

PS - If you update to the new build and GRUB list a weird nonsensical boot entry, you'll need to rerun 'grub2-mkconfig' to update your grub.cfg to fix it (which should be located at /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg).

Duy-Hieu Bui

Aug 9, 2015, 4:06:59 PM8/9/15
to Linux Surface
Hi,

I tried your instructions and patches but for ubuntu kernel version 4.2-rc4. Everything is fine but I still noticed a small problem when I suspended Surface Pro 3. The suspend function works fine with the latest patches but if I close the lid after suspend, it will wake up the computer. Do you have this problem or do you have any patch to solve this?

Thank you very much!
Hieu

Donavan Lance

Aug 9, 2015, 4:29:31 PM8/9/15
to Linux Surface
I have the same issue. It will go back to sleep after a few seconds. I don't have a patch that will fix this.