X-View Proton Tab 2 | sunxi-meminfo: kernel too old

Franco Palombo

Sep 25, 2023, 2:42:14 AM9/25/23
to linux-sunxi
Hi, I recently found this little tablet on one of my drawers and thought it could be a good device to have in working order (no android) for future projects. Since the wiki has no article about my specific device and shares no similarities other than the Soc, I decided to write the corresponding article for it.
Following the New Device Howto guide, I'm currently stuck at step 4. I was able to get the bootinfo.txt and script.fex files, but I cannot get the memory information. The sunxi-meminfo program seems to complain about my tablet having a "kernel too old". In its current (and I think stock) state, this tablet is running Android 4.0.4, using Linux version 3.0.8+. I saw no minimum Linux required version on the sunxi-tools github, so it doesn't make much sense.
Is there any other way to get the memory information other than using the meminfo program? I would like to avoid having to fall back to the "base" memory configuration.

Thanks in advance.