Semi ad-hoc fosdem meetup.

Luc Verhaegen

Jan 31, 2024, 11:27:18 AMJan 31
to linux-sunxi, Andre Przywara, Paul Kocialkowski
Hi,

Andre had the great idea to create a bit of an informal fosdem meetup.

We will try to get a table under the Janson building on saturday
afternoon, in the cafeteria.

This is the area under the really big (and ancient) auditorium, where
you can usually buy coffee and sandwiches.

It is tricky to find but you can plot a route on the fosdem map:
https://fosdem.org/2024/assets/campusmap-6166e45e7e736823c218c45ac65e02f5f7237111253db302da17bbaa0f4b5683.png
The J building is in the bottom middle. You can see 2 dotted lines
running to the top right of the J building, one from the H building, one
from the carpark. Both routes work.

From 17:30 on, we will try to be there with a smallish sign adhoc taped
to the wall saying "#linux-sunxi". If this area for one reason or
another is not open (would be a first for me), or there is absolutely no
hope of occupying anything in there, one of us will be outside with the
sign and we can figure out what to do from there.

For those that want to, we can try to figure out where to continue the
meeting over supper.

Oh, and if you wonder what we each look like, just google, there's
enough fotos and videos from our individual talks online.

See you there!

Luc Verhaegen.

Paul Kocialkowski

Feb 1, 2024, 5:47:35 AMFeb 1
to Luc Verhaegen, linux-sunxi, Andre Przywara
Hi Luc,

On Wed 31 Jan 24, 17:27, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> Andre had the great idea to create a bit of an informal fosdem meetup.
>
> We will try to get a table under the Janson building on saturday
> afternoon, in the cafeteria.
>
> This is the area under the really big (and ancient) auditorium, where
> you can usually buy coffee and sandwiches.

It's a great spot for an informal meeting! Usually one of the most calm areas
of FOSDEM (and often a cheat-code to get food easily).

> It is tricky to find but you can plot a route on the fosdem map:
> https://fosdem.org/2024/assets/campusmap-6166e45e7e736823c218c45ac65e02f5f7237111253db302da17bbaa0f4b5683.png
> The J building is in the bottom middle. You can see 2 dotted lines
> running to the top right of the J building, one from the H building, one
> from the carpark. Both routes work.
>
> From 17:30 on, we will try to be there with a smallish sign adhoc taped
> to the wall saying "#linux-sunxi". If this area for one reason or
> another is not open (would be a first for me), or there is absolutely no
> hope of occupying anything in there, one of us will be outside with the
> sign and we can figure out what to do from there.
>
> For those that want to, we can try to figure out where to continue the
> meeting over supper.

Sounds good, I'll be around :)

See you there!

Paul

--
Developer of free digital technology and hardware support.

Website: https://www.paulk.fr/
Coding blog: https://code.paulk.fr/
signature.asc

Luc Verhaegen

Feb 2, 2024, 10:02:39 AMFeb 2
to Paul Kocialkowski, linux-sunxi, Andre Przywara
On Thu, Feb 01, 2024 at 11:46:52AM +0100, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:
> Hi Luc,
>
> On Wed 31 Jan 24, 17:27, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> > Andre had the great idea to create a bit of an informal fosdem meetup.
> >
> > We will try to get a table under the Janson building on saturday
> > afternoon, in the cafeteria.
> >
> > This is the area under the really big (and ancient) auditorium, where
> > you can usually buy coffee and sandwiches.
>
> It's a great spot for an informal meeting! Usually one of the most calm areas
> of FOSDEM (and often a cheat-code to get food easily).

There are some post-corona changes. The university computer club used to
run this, but they have now moved all their activity to the F building.

This is in the center of the map.

I have absolutely no idea how this is built up, so it will be a bit
adventurous.

I have two A4s taped together in landscape, i hope it will be clear
enough and that there is a bit of wallspace it can be taped to.

Hold on to your horses!

Luc Verhaegen.