Tablets with supported touchscreen IC

bon...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2014, 7:08:57 PM11/6/14
to linux...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I've working in a project using allwinner based tablets, but the problematic point has been to get the touchscreen drivers loading and working, and the lack of documentation about which touchscreen IC they include.
I'd like to know if you have any recomendation of a tablet brand and model  with a dual core or greater allwinner soc, and a touchscreen driver not requiring any firmware extraction from the android kernel, or any additional device specific steps, compiling the kernel driver and some simple configuration is ok.
Many thanks in advance.

Jhon Yi

Nov 6, 2014, 7:50:24 PM11/6/14
to linux...@googlegroups.com
May here is what you are looking for? ->http://linux-sunxi.org/Category:Devices

bon...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2014, 8:27:30 PM11/6/14
to linux...@googlegroups.com
Thanks John, it's a good start,  I think it would also be useful to have first hand reports from current users of devices not listed there, or IC related info, any help will be appreciated. Thanks again.

hunter hu

Nov 7, 2014, 6:01:26 PM11/7/14
to linux...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Your question actually involves the whole process of setting a touch panel up from kernel drivers to xorg configurations, please take a look at this helpful olimex forum thread:

Piotr Kopeć

Nov 13, 2014, 1:49:01 PM11/13/14
to linux...@googlegroups.com

Hi
You have finally implement touchscreen ??

bon...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2014, 1:31:22 PM11/15/14
to linux...@googlegroups.com
No, Piotr, haven't found  a dual core tablet with out of the box support for the touchscreen.

Regards.

Piotr Kopeć

Nov 15, 2014, 1:42:21 PM11/15/14
to linux...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday I managed to make running a touchscreen on my tablet (Kurio-7S) module is ft5x_ts.

bon...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2014, 10:01:15 PM11/17/14
to linux...@googlegroups.com
Great Piotr, can you share a patch with the needed modifications? Thanks.

Piotr Kopeć

Nov 18, 2014, 10:05:38 AM11/18/14
to linux...@googlegroups.com
I removed the " IRQF_TRIGGER_FALLING | " line (1765) compiled kernel and now works

Mohamed MEDIOUNI

Jan 1, 2015, 12:39:03 PM1/1/15
to linux...@googlegroups.com
Can you publish a compiled kernel with that fix?

Piotr

Jul 22, 2021, 4:27:08 PM7/22/21
to linux-sunxi
A reheated cutlet but I'm just going back to this tablet: