Allwinner A33(R16) based target doesn't shutdown completely

Suniel Mahesh

Feb 21, 2022, 11:31:14 PM2/21/22
to max...@cerno.tech, we...@csie.org, Jagan Teki, linux...@googlegroups.com, linux-amarula, linux-ar...@lists.infradead.org
Hi all,

I am working on Allwinner A33(R16) based target board. I am testing the
dev board from bananapi M2 Magic.

I have the following problem:

1.
I have tested the BSP released from bananapi at this link:
device runs on kernel 3.4 and ubuntu 16.04.
when I power down from linux command line the board turns off completely, no
voltages observed when tested with multimeter. Its a clean shutdown.
The PMIC AXP223 is off.

full log:

2.
I have generated a BSP image from yocto using mainline u-boot, linux 5.14.
when I power down from linux command line the board doesn't turns off completely,
voltages observed when tested with multimeter. Its not a clean shutdown.
The PMIC AXP223 is still producing voltages. I am attaching a log after issuing
poweroff command:

full log:

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards
--
Suniel Mahesh
Embedded Linux and Kernel Engineer

Christopher Vollo

Feb 23, 2022, 11:24:07 AM2/23/22
to su...@amarulasolutions.com, max...@cerno.tech, we...@csie.org, Jagan Teki, linux...@googlegroups.com, linux-amarula, linux-ar...@lists.infradead.org
I also observed the issue with improper shutdown on the BPi M2M, and would like to know the answer to this question.

Thanks so much,
Chris