Cannot run mobilenet-v2 example on Rockchip Toybrick RK3399ProD

Francesco Cariaggi

Sep 9, 2019, 4:33:24 AM9/9/19
to linux-rockchip
Hello everyone,

I've got a Rockchip Toybrick RK3399ProD board where I flashed the Linux OS image (image version is 1.2). I'm trying to run the MobileNet-v2 example in order to test NPU's performances, but I can't get it working. Specifically, I get stuck when I have to initialize the runtime environment by means of a call to
rknn.init_runtime()
, while the previous phases (
rknn.config()

,
rknn.load_caffe()

,
rknn.build()

,
rknn.export_rknn()

) run smoothly.
Here's what the output of the script looks like:
--> Init runtime environment
E Using device with adb mode to init runtime, but npu_transfer_proxy is running, it
may cause conflict. Please terminate npu_transfer_proxy first.
E Catch exception when init runtime!
T Traceback (most recent call last):
T   File "rknn/api/rknn_base.py", line 769, in rknn.api.rknn_base.RKNNBase.init_runt
ime
T   File "rknn/api/rknn_runtime.py", line 142, in rknn.api.rknn_runtime.RKNNRuntime.
__init__
T   File "rknn/api/rknn_platform_utils.py", line 265, in rknn.api.rknn_platform_util
s.start_ntp_or_adb
T Exception: Init runtime environment failed!
Init runtime environment failed

What I did then was to look for such "npu_transfer_proxy" process and kill it, then try again.  Here's the result:
--> Init runtime environment
E Connect to Device Failure (-1)
E Catch exception when init runtime!
T Traceback (most recent call last):
T   File "rknn/api/rknn_base.py", line 769, in rknn.api.rknn_base.RKNNBase.init_runt
ime
T   File "rknn/api/rknn_runtime.py", line 142, in rknn.api.rknn_runtime.RKNNRuntime.
__init__
T   File "rknn/api/rknn_platform_utils.py", line 271, in rknn.api.rknn_platform_util
s.start_ntp_or_adb
T Exception: Init runtime environment failed!
Init runtime environment failed

Unfortunately, the error message is completely useless this time. I couldn't find any help online either. How can I solve this problem?

Here are some more details about my system:
Python version: 3.6.8
RKNN Toolkit version: 1.2.0

Francesco Cariaggi

Sep 9, 2019, 5:36:46 AM9/9/19