rk3399-android-8.1 camera2 API Issue

Manthan Raval

Oct 21, 2021, 3:49:44 PM10/21/21
to linux-rockchip
Hi Team,

We are trying to enable Hardware level - FULL, In order to use the manual exposure API from Android Application. We tried following things,

1. Added persist property for enabling HAL 3.
2. Copied FULL capability permission xml.

But still we are not able to use manual exposure API nor change to FULL capability.
The Hardware level always remains Legacy and it uses HAL version 1.

Our Observation,
We have seen that there is no camera3_profiles.xml in Android 8.1 and we have seen that in Android 10 it has files and it's working fine. Is there any limitation in Android 8.1?

Thanks,
Manthan.