Fedora promo strategy

GNUguy

Jan 7, 2010, 12:06:05 AM1/7/10
to Linux Dairy Council

A brief article about the "Fedora Ambassadors."

http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=2931

From the article...

"You’ll see these folks behind (and all around!) Fedora booths at
shows, and in front of audiences everywhere, talking about the Fedora
values of Freedom, Friends, Features, and First. They are meant to be
masters of explaining how sustainable free and open source software
and content practices work."

I think someone already mentioned the Fedora Proj marketing initiative
in one of our meetings. Anyhow, here's the link to the Fedora Project
marketing page in case anyone is interested.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing

Larry Cafiero

Jan 7, 2010, 11:27:13 AM1/7/10
to linux-dai...@googlegroups.com
I'm a Fedora Ambassador, and while I don't get my parking tickets paid or enjoy diplomatic immunity (imagine my disappointment), I don't think I'm the one who brought up the marketing efforts of Fedora, good as they may be (and the reason is that I'm fairly far removed from marketing).

However, if any distro has promotion and utilizing personnel (i.e., providing speakers to LUGs, event appearances, etc.) down to a science, it's Fedora.

Thanks for the links, GNUguy.

Larry Cafiero