Brainstorm

Douglas Smith

Nov 29, 2009, 5:26:28 PM11/29/09
to Linux Dairy Council
How hard would it be to merge the likes of Linux Mint AND super OS,
along with the window managers of Gnome, KDE, XFCE and Fluxbox? Does
anyone know of a single distro that does that?

Jon Stanley

Nov 29, 2009, 5:38:46 PM11/29/09
to linux-dai...@googlegroups.com
Not sure what you mean but Fedora has all of those items (as I'm sure
many other distros do), but you obviously have to choose one at a time
:)

Douglas Smith

Nov 29, 2009, 9:39:22 PM11/29/09
to Linux Dairy Council
Obviously you can only use one window manager at a time, but merging
all the Linux apps (KDE/Gnome) into one distro for solidarity. The
user can try out anyone of the window managers upon choosing and
logging in.

Linux is not centric enough yet in my opinion, I have been thinking on
this subject for sometime and this is the approach that Shuttleworth
has taken. Google has approached this from the stand point of building
back-ends built on Linux, but now is looking towards offering an easy
use OS.

D.

tx wikinger

Nov 30, 2009, 9:15:36 AM11/30/09
to linux-dai...@googlegroups.com
Well. You can have all of the window managers installed at the same time. In gdm and kdm
you can choose during install which window manager you want to use for the particular session.

In Ubuntu/Kubuntu/... all those packages can be installed at the same time.

tx

Mackenzie Morgan

Dec 17, 2009, 7:47:21 PM12/17/09
to linux-dai...@googlegroups.com

Sabayon ships GNOME, KDE, Xfce, Fluxbox, and e17 all on one DVD.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo