Fwd: Meeting tonight at 8 p.m. Eastern

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier

Dec 16, 2009, 5:58:43 AM12/16/09
to linux-dai...@googlegroups.com
(oops, used wrong acct...)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <j...@zonker.net>
Date: Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:57 AM
Subject: Meeting tonight at 8 p.m. Eastern
To: linux-dai...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

We are scheduled to have a meeting tonight at 8 p.m. Eastern, I believe.

Had a chance to talk to Beth Lynn by phone this week, and she took
some notes that might help shape discussion tonight:

Basically - we're proposing to sick with the name and have a board to
start with, to help keep things on track through 2010.

Notes below - thoughts?

Best,

Zonker

The working name of LDC is fine for now. A name will emerge once we
get a lot of excitement around our first project.

LDC will have project based leaders. In order to get LDC off the
ground with directors who have project management experience, a small
board will be formed for 2010. The need for the board and it's members
will be re-evaluated in 12 months. The proposed directors be Zonker,
Larry, Clint, Beth Lynn, $person5. Zonker will be the
figurehead/spokesperson. Clint will continue to be the chief
sysadmin. The rest will mentor the initial projects.

The directors are not meant to be the same as project leaders. Anyone
with the time, energy, vision, and a good heart for Linux is welcome
to start an LDC project.

Profiles on the wiki is encouraged so that we can get to know one
another better. (I think Clint has to create the accounts. He turned
off the account creation to avoid spam.

Everyone who shows up has a voice in LDC. This is not a closed group.
We do need to know who is authentically interested in working on LDC
projects.

We are all very busy people we will not kick out someone who is
inactive just because life comes up. Those who have never said
anything on the list will be directly asked why they are here. Trolls
are not welcome.

This is a meritocracy. You do good work, you get more responsiblity if
you would like it.

A mailing list will be maintained to continue non-public discussion.
Open discussion should be on the blog or wiki.

--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <j...@zonker.net>
openSUSE Community Manager