Document .eh_frame section and PT_GNU_EH_FRAME

H.J. Lu

Feb 9, 2016, 11:45:57 AM2/9/16
to Linux Extensions to Generic System V Application Binary Interface
On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 6:37 AM, H.J. Lu <hjl....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 2:07 PM, <hjl....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I uploaded the Inital Linux ABI draft to
>>
>> https://github.com/hjl-tools/linux-abi/wiki/Linux-Extensions-to-gABI
>>
>> to document STT_GNU_IFUNC.
>>

> Next ones are
>
> #define PT_GNU_EH_FRAME (PT_LOOS + 0x474e550) /* Frame unwind information */
> #define PT_GNU_STACK (PT_LOOS + 0x474e551) /* Stack flags */
> #define PT_GNU_RELRO (PT_LOOS + 0x474e552) /* Read-only after relocation */
>
> I will copy PT_GNU_EH_FRAME from x86-64 psABI. Any volunteers to take
> PT_GNU_STACK and PT_GNU_RELRO.
>
> We also have many special sections. They should be documented.

I checked .eh_frame section and PT_GNU_EH_FRAME into
hjl/master branch.

--
H.J.

H.J. Lu

Feb 9, 2016, 11:50:11 AM2/9/16
to Linux Extensions to Generic System V Application Binary Interface
LSB has:

http://refspecs.linuxbase.org/LSB_3.1.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/progheader.html

But it doesn't describe how tools and run-time should deal with them.

--
H.J.