Anyone having issues with lint and Kotlin 1.5.10?

colto...@protonmail.com

Jun 3, 2021, 9:34:53 AM6/3/21
to lint-dev
I'm using compose and so I'm on latest everything basically:

AS Bumblebee C1
AGP 7.1.0-alpha01
lint 30.1.0-alpha01
gradle 7.0.2
compose beta08
Kotlin 1.5.10

The update to compose beta08 and kotlin 1.5.10 was made yesterday and then our nightly lint check started failing.

Error: "Error: Unexpected failure during lint analysis of MyDispatcher.kt (this is a bug in lint or one of the libraries it depends on)"

MyDispatcher.kt:

```
package com.rollertoaster.app

import okhttp3.mockwebserver.Dispatcher
import okhttp3.mockwebserver.MockResponse
import okhttp3.mockwebserver.RecordedRequest

val MY_DISPATCHER: Dispatcher =
object : Dispatcher() {
override fun dispatch(request: RecordedRequest): MockResponse {
return MockResponse().setResponseCode(404)
}
}
```

I'd also like to mention that this is not in our test sources or anything so don't be misled by the use of MockResponse. We currently don't have a backend and so we're mocking things out this way. =)

Filed a bug here for official tracking, but trying to see if anyone else in the lint community is having similar issues.

Tor Norbye

Jul 14, 2021, 8:27:14 PM7/14/21
to lint-dev
Just closing this thread -- this turned out to be a problem with one of the lint checks bundled with the AndroidX fragment library, which was updated in version 1.4.0-alpha03 of that library.

-- Tor

colto...@protonmail.com

Jul 31, 2021, 11:20:44 PM7/31/21
to lint-dev
Confirmed that updating the fragment lib did the trick!