SDRplay RSPduo and Linrad 5.02

Carlos Lemmi

Jul 9, 2023, 8:10:55 PM7/9/23
to Linrad
I got the x64\sdrplay_api.dll but now when I try to install the duo it says:
"sdrplay: library version doesn't match with include"
anyone knows how to go around this so I can use the duo?
does anyone have the right dll file for Windows 11 64 bit?
Thank you.

Franco Venturi

Jul 9, 2023, 8:42:51 PM7/9/23
to Linrad
Carlos,
as far as I know currently there are at least three versions of the SDRplay API for Windows out there: 3.09 (very old), 3.10 (old), and 3.11 (current).
The message above usually means that the version of the Linrad executable you are trying run was not built with the same version of the SDRplay API in the DLL you copied to C:\Linrad\dll\x64

Are you trying to run the Linrad 5.02 binary downloaded from Leif's site? Or perhaps did you build it from source?
Also do you know which version of the sdrplay_api.dll you have there? (I think you can find it under properties, but I am not 100% sure).

Hope this helps,
Franco

Rick Kunath

Jul 9, 2023, 8:52:28 PM7/9/23
to lin...@googlegroups.com
It’s the SDRplay Windows 64-but API version 3.11 and that’d have been installed with the latest version of SDR Uno, or you can install it manually, no need to manually install it if Uno is installed.

Rick Kunath, K9AO

Carlos Lemmi

Jul 10, 2023, 10:22:45 PM7/10/23
to Linrad
Linrad 05.02 downloaded from Leif place and installed on Windows 11 desktop 64 bit
sdrplay_api.dll is 63 kB and Properties do not have a version.
SDRuno v. 1.42 1014 opens and run apparently OK
Linrad still says "library version doesn't match with include" when i select the RSPduo  hardware

Where can I download all three version of the dll file and see which one works?
Thanks.

Rick Kunath

Jul 11, 2023, 12:44:33 PM7/11/23
to lin...@googlegroups.com, Carlos Lemmi
You don't want all 3 SDRplay API versions.

Did you ever install any manually?

Next look in the control panel on add and remove programs. You should
see the API there and it should be 3.11.

Did you install the Linrad dll pack from Leif's site? That should have
installed itself into C:\Linrad. Do not run Linrad from there make
another directory in the C:\ root to run Linrad from.

Inside C:\Linrad will be \dll and inside that some files and \x64. Get
into the \x64 directory. See if you have sdrplay_api.dll and
sdrplay_api.lib there. If not, copy these from C:\Program
Files\SDRplay\API\x64 and paste a copy into the \x64 directory as above.

Then see if Linrad will run.

Make sure that you are using the 3.11 Windows API and make sure no older
API is installed. If Uno runs and it is at the latest version the 3.11
will be there already, so likely you were just missing the step of
grabbing the generic dll pack from Leif and then copying over the
SDRplay files from the API folder.

Rick Kunath, K9AO

Carlos Lemmi

Jul 12, 2023, 10:15:44 AM7/12/23
to Linrad
I found 6 versions and tried all of them and somehow it start working.
Problem now is that it ask a lot of questions to set other parameters. I pick as well as i could guess but it would help to get some info about what each means somewhere.
Please see attachments.
Thank you.
Screenshot 2023-07-11 134543.png
Screenshot 2023-07-12 065001.png

Rick Kunath

Jul 12, 2023, 10:47:22 AM7/12/23
to lin...@googlegroups.com
First off, absolutely delete all but the 3.11 SDRplay API. Get rid of the rest. That 2 series is prehistoric almost, and the rest of the 3 series below 3.11 have bugs.

Delete these from add and remove programs and reboot.

Start Linrad and make sure it sees the 3.11 API and sees the RSP. Don’t do anything else until that’s done.

Then let us know and we can go from there.

Rick Kunath, K9AO

W8TN - Clark

Jul 12, 2023, 7:10:46 PM7/12/23
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Rick,

OK, I am "playing along at home" with this attempt to get Linrad working with RSPduo.  I'm on Windows 7 Pro.

My SDRplay RSPduo is working properly with SDRuno.  It is receiving commercial FM stations just fine.

I had previously loaded Linrad Version 05.02 and when the EXE was executed it placed the files in C:\Linrad\linrad-05.02 and next I ran "setup-dll-05.exe" to install the DLL files.  Not sure where I got that setup-dll EXE file.  Mine has a size of:
4,949,136 bytes
4,724,101 bytes is the size of the one on http://www.sm5bsz.com/dll.htm

Looking in "Programs and Features" I see - SDRplay API 3.11 - and that is the only API listed.   C:\Linrad\dll\X64 has both "sdrplay_api.dll" and "sdrplay_api.lib" and those two files are also in C:\Program Files\SDRplay\API\x64.  A search of the C:\ drive did not yield any other instances of this API file.  But a search for "SDRplay API 3." finds nothing extra (like a 3.09 or 3.10) API.

I did find an "sdrplay_api.dll" under C:\Program Files\SDR-Radio.com (V3) plus under C:\Program Files\SDRplay\API\x86 and  C:\Program Files\SDRplay\API\x64.

Tonight I ran "setup-linrad-05.02.exe" and installed it on a separate root folder:
C:\Linrad REPsuo\linrad-05.02

Next I tried running both linrad.exe and linrad64.exe (the 64-bit version as Administrator) and they gave separate errors when I tried:
U=A/D and D/A set up for RX  - then
A = Change input settings and reset all other soundcard settings
and under SELECT HARDWARE FOR RX I picked
T = SDRplay ver 3 (RSP1/RSP1A/RSP2/RSPduo/RSPdx)

Screenshots of the errors are attached.

I have tried "Shutdown" and restarted the computer after making any changes.  But I think I'm now stuck.  Would it be a good idea to just wipe all the Linrad folders and start from scratch with fresh downloads of Linrad and the DLL's?

Thanks in advance for your help.

73, Clark, W8TN

--
There is an excellent Linrad User Guide by Gaetan, ON4KHG, at:
http://w3sz.com/Linrad%20Installation%20&%20Configuration%20User%20Guide%20-%20V1-0.pdf

Rick Kunath

Jul 13, 2023, 10:48:27 AM7/13/23
to lin...@googlegroups.com, W8TN - Clark
Clark,

I haven't run the SDRplay devices with Windows 7 but years ago I did
extensively run Linrad under it.

So we know the SDRplay API is right at 3.11 and working because Uno and
SDR Console work.

I would remove all of the Linrad stuff and start over... remove the dll
stuff too. That should be in C:\Linrad'

I see Sourceforge lists 5.01 so get Linrad 5.02 for Windows from here (I
source build it for Linux so I do a git pull on Linux):

https://github.com/fventuri/linrad/releases

Get the 3.11 API 64-bit version and don't do anything with the 32-bit
version. These should all be 64-bit anyway.

Here are the dll files and get the exe file and it should install in
C:\Linrad:

https://www.sm5bsz.com/dll.htm

After that tell me what the C:\ directories look like. There should be a
C:\Linrad and that will have a dll file and that with some dll files and
an x64 directory and that will have some file sin it, it is in here that
you copy the sdrplay_api.dll and sdrplay_api.lib files into from the
SDRplay directory:

C:\Program Files\SDRplay\API\x64

There should be another Linrad directory too, something with 5.02 in it.
Unless the installer changed it shouldn't install Linrad in the
C:\Linrad folder because that's where the dll files live. Don't install
and run Linrad from there.

If you get that far let me know and we will go on from there. If you
would like to do this over the phone after you get the above installed
I'd be glad to.

73 for now,
Rick Kunath, K9AO

Franco Venturi

Jul 13, 2023, 5:39:42 PM7/13/23
to Linrad
Clark, Rick,
yesterday I ran a fresh GitHib CI build from Leif latest subversion version (5.02 revision 1022), so the executables available here: https://github.com/fventuri/linrad/releases/tag/5.02-1022-SM5BSZ (i.e. the repo mentioned by Rick above) should be the most current available (at this time).

73,
Franco K4VZ