help.lir not found

Adam Szewczyk

Jun 7, 2023, 11:41:26 AM6/7/23
to Linrad
Hi,

I'm using Qubes OS and I build linrad in one of my VMs. This VM according to Qubes security politics is based on template. So only userspace changes persist after reboot. For some strange reason after reboot linrad don't see help.lir file (which exist in linrad folder). There is a way to bind mount files that are not part of userspace and I want to keep the changes in them, but I have to know what are does files? So my question is where help.lir is registered.

BR Adam Szewczyk

Adam Szewczyk

Jun 7, 2023, 11:47:17 AM6/7/23
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Sorry,

I fixed it myself. The problem was somewhere else. It was a problem with the wrong configured .desktop shortcut I created. When I build linar I started it from the console from the directory when the executable was. After reboot I try to use a shortcut which doesn't have the path variable defined. Now after defining the path variable in the shortcut everything works fine.

BR Adam Szewczyk

--
There is an excellent Linrad User Guide by Gaetan, ON4KHG, at:
http://w3sz.com/Linrad%20Installation%20&%20Configuration%20User%20Guide%20-%20V1-0.pdf

Rick Kunath

Jun 7, 2023, 12:19:29 PM6/7/23
to lin...@googlegroups.com, Adam Szewczyk
I do something similar Brian.

Since Linrad runs exclusively from the directory where the executable is
at, I have several Linrad directories and each is setup differently for
different purposes. That way I just click the shortcut to the
directory's instance I want and Linrad pops up setup exactly how I need
it for that purpose.

Rick Kunath, K9AO