Segmentation fault when closing 05:00pre

Leighton Man

Apr 1, 2021, 6:30:41 AM4/1/21
to Linrad

Hi all,
I'm running linrad on a raspberry pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3 using Raspbian version 10  (buster). This was updated within the last month so is reasonably up-to-date.
Following a disastrous mix up of versions, I created a new directory called linradbuild and downloaded the latest development version with SVN as described on http://www.sm5bsz.com/linuxdsp/linrad.htm
It compiles with no problem and runs nicely with a Chinese rtl dongle as input device. It is configured to start in normal CW mode and uses pulseaudio for output.
If I start it from a terminal window, wait for audio output, and then press ESC it closes normally, usually outputting a figure 1 to the terminal. Sometimes it outputs 1 2.
If I start it, wait for audio output, and then press X followed by ESC it closes with the message "segmentation fault".
Similarly, if I try to start another instance of linrad using the same configuration whilst the first is still running the second instance closes with "usb_claim_interface error -6" which isn't surprising! But it then it reports "segmentation fault".
If I close it down using the mouse on the top right of the window it reports "Shutting down now!!!" but if I use the ESC key it does not.
Obviously none of this is really a problem in normal use but it doesn't seem quite right?
Regards,
Leighton G8RTK