SVN build crashing in Arch Linux, attn: DEV

E T

Mar 14, 2020, 3:46:04 PM3/14/20
to Linrad
I compiled from the most recent SVN code due to problems outlined here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/linrad/9lZMnDeJLGU

Compilation goes fine (though using CMake / make instead of configure / make doesn't work)

When executing xlinrad64, it runs fine through the initial newcomer setup screens, audio settings, and CW mode settings until it goes to run and render the processing screen, then crashes:

+++ killed by SIGSEGV (core dumped) +++
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

System is an up-to-date Arch Linux installation.  Running Linrad in X11 mode, sound settings appear to work.  I am using JACK and selecting the 'system' card for input and 'pulse_linrad_rx' that I created as a bridge between JACK and PulseAudio for output.  I do see the Linrad client showing up in QJackCtl only when I am editing the output soundcard selection ('B'), then it disappears when going back to the main Audio settings.  Just noting this as it seems the audio connections are probably fine and assuming not related to the crash.

Advice on how to proceed debugging this.

- Eric NO3M

E T

Mar 14, 2020, 3:52:38 PM3/14/20
to Linrad

Relative URL: ^/trunk
Repository Root: https://svn.code.sf.net/p/linrad/code
Repository UUID: a823feef-6320-4c7a-902e-8a35f501b81a
Revision: 952
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: sm5bsz
Last Changed Rev: 952
Last Changed Date: 2020-03-12 21:43:00 -0400 (Thu, 12 Mar 2020)

Leif Asbrink

Mar 14, 2020, 7:33:16 PM3/14/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com
There is a bug in r951 and r952.

My local version of options.h has the dumpfile enabled while in the repo
the dumpfile is not enabled. Unfortunately there is a write statement
left in the code that causes a crash on the attempt to write to a file that
was never opened.

Please download the latest, r953, uploaded about 8 hours ago.

Regards

Leif
> --
> There is an excellent Linrad User Guide by Gaetan, ON4KHG, at:
> http://w3sz.com/Linrad%20Installation%20&%20Configuration%20User%20Guide%20-%20V1-0.pdf
> ---

Eric Tichansky

Mar 14, 2020, 9:00:57 PM3/14/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Very good; up and running now with r953.  Look forward to learning this
software.  I'm happy that everything integrates easily in Jack, allowing
as close a connection as possible to the hardware device while still
being able to distribute the raw IQ to other SDRs, both within Jack (eg.
sdr-core / dttsp) and through PulseAudio (eg. HDSDR running in Wine
using Pulse driver).  QJackCtl capture attached.

- Eric NO3M
jackd-1.png