Linrad error 1423

Earl Shaffer

Oct 25, 2020, 12:43:43 PM10/25/20
to Linrad
Hi All.

I wanted to experiment with Linrad settings so I coped Linrad into a few different folders.
I left an original.
I copied into a backup folder.
I copied into an experimental folder.
Then I ran Linrad in the experimental folder and simply enabled to second FFT so I could have a noise blanker.
It crashed with an error message of 1423 Could not get device capabilities for RX output soundcard.
When I get this error, it does not matter what I do. Linrad will close and not give me an opportunity to correct it. I was glad that I made a backup copy of the Linrad folders so I tried them, but I still get the error 1423.
I suspect a Windows 10 update might have changed something, but now I am locked out of Linrad.
There is probably a file I can change in Linrad but I don't know which one it is.

WB9UWA.

Earl Shaffer

Oct 25, 2020, 3:53:14 PM10/25/20
to Linrad
Hi all.

I did some digging. The Linrad documentation does not seem to use the same file names anymore compared to what is on the web site, but I figured out that I needed to modify par_userint.
I changed Autostart [68] to Autostart [0].
This starts Linrad at the main menu instead of SSB mode.
It complained about audio output card 1 being invalid.
I selected that section and corrected it to a valid audio output card.
All is well now. I think it is a good idea NOT to autostart in a specific mode because there is then no opportunity to correct an issue that Windows 10 creates.

WB9UWA.

Conrad PA5Y

Oct 25, 2020, 4:09:01 PM10/25/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com

Earl you beat me to it. I was just about to give you that advice but you found it all by yourself.

73

Conrad PA5Y

--
There is an excellent Linrad User Guide by Gaetan, ON4KHG, at:
http://w3sz.com/Linrad%20Installation%20&%20Configuration%20User%20Guide%20-%20V1-0.pdf

Leif Asbrink

Oct 25, 2020, 10:07:53 PM10/25/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

it seems Windows made a change to your system. The latest update of
Win 10 here deleted the drive routine for my UADC4 so I had to run the
installer again. You may have had better luck so your devices have
just been given new device numbers.

Open Linrad and go to the U menu and select a device for audio output.
If the desired device is not listed, check with the Windows device manager
and reinstall if necessary.

As a general remark, avoid Windows 10 if you can....

73

Leif