Math for Linrad diversity/noise cancelling

Ben Gelb

Dec 5, 2023, 1:36:27 AM12/5/23
to Linrad
Hello -

I was reading with interest the following page:

I am wondering exactly how the phase shift function of the phasing window is implemented.

Is this as simple as multiplying each sample by the complex value encoded by e^j*phi, where phi is the desired phase shift? Or is there more to it than that?

I am trying to think about how this uniform phase shift at all frequencies behaves vs. an electrical delay line, where the phase shift would be a function frequency. I guess for a narrowband signal, they would behave similarly? Any intuition appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben N1VF

Leif Asbrink

Dec 5, 2023, 5:15:42 AM12/5/23
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ben,

Have a look at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_00m4s5GVA

The calibration provides a filter that makes a pulse appear at
the same time on all frequencies in both channels. Necessary for
the smart blanker to work well.

73

Leif