Asking help for setting up Rtlsdr and sending data to MAP65

Dimitry Borzenko

Feb 19, 2020, 12:38:39 PM2/19/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hello to ALL
I know, here was enough info about settings for RTLSDR but Linrad do not wants to work with RTL dongle :(
Have install version 4.14a, DLL package 5 and Zadig 2.4 driver.
RTL dongle works with SDR#.
Have configure fist linrad instance for 1536000 sampling rate and set "first mixer bandwidth reduction in powers of two" to 4,  but I got strange error: rtlsdr not found 0.74 or 0.84
Linrad_RTL.PNG

Tested on machines with Windows 7 x64 and Windows 10 x64.

Any info are welcome.

de 4z5cp

Leif Asbrink

Feb 20, 2020, 1:27:42 PM2/20/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dimitry,

the message might be misleading I will change it to
"looking for rtlsdr"

The number is the time and you can see it count up to
10 seconds if the selected rtlsdr is not present. After
that you would get error 1450:
The Rx input thread did not start.
This lasted too long:
thread_status_flag for rx_input_thread not equal THRFLAG_ACTIVE
Probably the requested device is not connected to the computer.
See menu.c

Linrad is looking for the particular serial number that was
found while you selected the dongle in the 'U' menu. If you
changed the dongle or its serial number you have to do
the setup again.

73

Leif
> --
> There is an excellent Linrad User Guide by Gaetan, ON4KHG, at:
> http://w3sz.com/Linrad%20Installation%20&%20Configuration%20User%20Guide%20-%20V1-0.pdf
> ---

Dimitry 4Z5CP

Feb 20, 2020, 4:13:07 PM2/20/20
to Linrad
Hello Leif.
This error message disappeared after few seconds and I do not get error 1450 .
I understood, this message was because Linrad do not "saw"  RTL  0.7-0.9sec
I didn't try to receive anything after getting this message, this was my mistake :(

Now I see, dongle is works

Thank you!

Dimitry 4Z5CP

Feb 20, 2020, 5:53:12 PM2/20/20
to Linrad

Anyway I can not to configure two Linrad instances for MAP65  :(
Maybe something wrong with 4.14a version or I do not understand something.
I can not send baseband raw to the network, only resampled baseband 16bit ( option 10 in the network settings)

Leif  please small instruction how to configure RTL for MAP65 use.

Best Wishes.

Leif Asbrink

Feb 20, 2020, 9:15:33 PM2/20/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Have a look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plk611ii798

73

Leif
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to linrad+un...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/linrad/d30a2626-c045-4628-8f8d-ccb5eee8802a%40googlegroups.com.

Dimitry 4Z5CP

Feb 21, 2020, 11:07:40 AM2/21/20
to Linrad
Thank U Leif.
I understood, U send 16bit baseband as 24bit raw :)
Now I can to send baseband to 2nd instance and timf2 to MAP65
But some times I got error on second instance of Linrad : buffer error (timf1) and buffer error (fft3)

de 4z5cp

fft2_error.PNG

Dimitry 4Z5CP

Feb 24, 2020, 4:01:35 PM2/24/20
to Linrad
Hello to ALL.
Looks like tuner of RTL doesnt works.
I see baseband but do not see any signal.
4.13pre version give me message in the small dos window [R82XX] PLL not locked.
4.13 and 4.15-949 versions do not show any messages and do not show any signals.
Under SDR# all works.
I do not know where the problem :(

Any comments??

Thank you.

Dimitry 4Z5CP

Feb 25, 2020, 2:53:35 PM2/25/20
to Linrad
Hello to ALL Linrad users

Here my tests.
With RTLsdr dongle are works versions 4.14a and 4.15-948
These versions works with Windows 7 x64 and DO NOT works with Windows 10 x64
Possible to run one instance on windows 10 but for work with MAP65 we need two instances!

Latest R949 version do not works on any operating system - tuner doesn't works.

Best Wishes.

Dimitry 4Z5CP

Feb 26, 2020, 2:05:35 PM2/26/20
to Linrad
Last update.

After fresh Windows 10 x64 installation  -  4.14a and 4.15-948 versions are WORKS exact as under Windows 7 x64 version.

:)