Linrad - MAP65 , error message ERROR: 1275 , Failed bind to socket to network slaves

afedri-sdr Alex

Sep 25, 2019, 2:36:29 PM9/25/19
to Linrad
Hello All,
When trying on my PC run Linrad with enabled Network output for MAP65, I have the next error message: ERROR: 1275 , Failed bind to socket to network slaves.
I maid some research inside Linrad 4-14a source code and found that if I am changing the CONNPORT number  definition to higher value , for example 50000,
every thing is working OK no error.
Alternative solution that I have found is increase maximum k limit  to 200, next code for example (line number1975):

  i=bind(netfd.any_slave, (struct sockaddr *)&slave_addr, sizeof(slave_addr));
  if(i!=0)
    {
    k++;
    if(k<200) goto nxt_port; // (in Leif's source it is k<10)
    lirerr(1275);
    return;
    }

I suppose that this is issue for my personal PC, but sure it can happen to anyone else, so be aware.

Can suppose also that I am doing something wrong with Linrax-MAP65 configuration, but it is less probable...
Because after this change MAP65 is working fine.
73!
Alex, 4Z5LV

afedri-sdr Alex

Sep 25, 2019, 2:39:30 PM9/25/19
to Linrad

Small addition:
I tracked the problem down to earlier Linrad versions (3.4x, 4.11 etc.)  - it is the same, Linrad cannot open ports with number less than 50000...
For example in version v.4.11 - ame solution helps as well as for 4.14a

Leif Asbrink

Sep 21, 2020, 7:00:50 PM9/21/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com, r...@itr-datanet.com
Hi All,

one year ago I changed CONNPORT from 49812 to 64000 without giving
it much thought. That destroyed compatibility with previous versions
of Linrad and also with gr-linrad by EA4GPZ.

Today I have changed it back but I hope the change "if(k<*200*) goto
nxt_port" will solve the issue Alex had.

Versions on the repo from r940 to r978 have CONNPORT=64000 and
they are not compatible with old and future Linrad versions.

The latest officially released version linrad-04.14a is compatible
with old versions and has CONNPORT=49812

73

Leif