Real world use of Linrad / WSE / UADC4 on 160 meters

john....@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2024, 12:33:02 PMFeb 4
to Linrad
Hello all,

This is a report from a happy customer.

I participated in the CQWW 160-Meter CW Contest from the K3LR multi-op station last weekend.

For the first time, we used my WSE converter which I purchased from K1JT a few years ago (thanks Joe!) and a LinkRF UADC4 A/D converter.

K3LR has many receive antennas.  We had plenty of choices for the two RF inputs of the WSE.  Most of the time we used a HI-Z 8-circle on one channel and the directive TX antenna on channel 2.

Dynamic range was outstanding.  I was able to run a second instance of Linrad over the network to tune "in band".  The A/D converter did not saturate on the 8-circle receive antenna (330 meters from transmit antenna).  I was able to copy weak European DX while our main station was transmitting.  The limit was phase noise from the transmitter.  The adaptive receiver reduced the transmit phase noise an additional 20-30 dB.

Thank you Leif, Alex and everyone else involved in making this great receive system.

73,

John N2NC