Phase for Channel 2

27 views
Skip to first unread message

MRO

unread,
Sep 1, 2026, 5:56:47 PMSep 1
to Linrad
Regarding Item B below, "Phase for Channel 2..." is this value reflected in .Timf2 data ?

Linrad capture.JPG

W9IP

Rick Kunath

unread,
Sep 1, 2026, 10:10:46 PMSep 1
to lin...@googlegroups.com, MRO
I do not think so.

Rick Kunath, K9AO

nl...@nlsa.com

unread,
Sep 2, 2026, 8:40:18 AMSep 2
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Rick -
Hmmm... I played around with the Amplitude for Channel 2 setting and it
*did* affect .Tif2 sent to Map65. Setting Amplitude to 10 dB caused a 10 dB
change in the right thermometer in Map65. This suggests that Phase for
Channel 2 might also be carried into .Tif2. On the other hand, the Linrad
block diagram shows that Phasing functions are way past the .Tif2 take-off
point.
W9IP
--
There is an excellent Linrad User Guide by Gaetan, ON4KHG, at:
http://w3sz.com/Linrad%20Installation%20&%20Configuration%20User%20Guide%20-
%20V1-0.pdf
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups "Linrad" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/linrad/98g7T81hj_4/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
linrad+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/linrad/d6d73797-c7d4-458d-aad6-d0e75ab514f
d%40gmail.com.

Rick Kunath

unread,
Sep 2, 2026, 2:31:23 PMSep 2
to lin...@googlegroups.com, nl...@nlsa.com
Interesting on the amplitude.

It does seem to be that the timf2 is before the polarization control,
and that includes any phasing. Adaptive mode does adjust the phase and
amplitude to accomplish that.

So I'm not sure about the amplitude change you saw.

It has been a while and a few revs since I last played with this. I was
sending master output to several slave PCs at the time.

Rick Kunath, K9AO
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages